Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 02:13:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  No sound after install on Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3515
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No sound after install on Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3515  (Read 4637 times)
asterix1423
« on: February 18, 2008, 13:09:31 PM »

Hello

I have installed Pardus 2007  on a laptop, Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3515.

I had to make some changes, but now I have the Wifi working and mij screenresolution is ok. Thanks to the dutch Pardus forum.

But it turned out they couldn't help me with my sound card. I have no sound at all. I managed to get it working by accident, but after a reboot the sound was gone again.

The soundcard is a HDA VIA VT82xx. I tried really everything I could find on the dutch forums. Nothing worked.

I now have my hope on you. By the way: sound also didn't work in Ubuntu Linux.

I hope you can help me.

regards

Jan
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 00:35:46 AM »

Have you tried the answer on this page http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=500274 ?

What have you already tried exactly ?

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
asterix1423
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 20:25:37 PM »

I hadn't found that one yet.. Sh*t..   Grin

But... the day before yesterday I tried something like that and it failed. Will do it again, tonight. I hope I can figure ou how to, because this is no Ubuntu.. This has pisi..

I'll let you know what happened.

Ok

I downloaded and unpacked the latest version of Alsa.

but then things start to go wrong, because this is no Ubuntu, but Pardus.
I don't have a directory /etc/modprobe.d

I do have a file called alsa-base, but that file was created bij unpacking the Alsa-thing. It is both in my root map as in my Desktop.

on all the commands mentioned in this Ubuntu-topic I get messages like file does not exist, path does not exist etc etc....

and yes .. still no sound..

I wanted to show the contents of the file alsa in the map /etc/modules.d, but I don't know how to do that....

after that I tried to install the alsa package once again.. Starting with ./configure
It unpacked a lot, but the last lines are:

The file /lib/modules/2.6.18.8-86/source/include/linux/version.h does not exist.
Please install the package with full kernel sources for your distribution
or use --with-kernel=dir option to specify another directory with kernel
sources (default is /lib/modules/2.6.18.8-86/source).

and it is true. There is a map /lib/modules/2.6.18.8-86, but the rest is missing.......

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 05:54:56 AM by asterix1423 » Logged
asterix1423
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 06:03:19 AM »

Goodmorning!

COuldn't sleep for some reason, so went out of bed early.. switched on the laptop.. SOUND!!!!

I really didn't manage to install anything, yesterday evening, just the figuring around caused sound to work.

But.. this happened before and after a night's rest and a reboot, until now sound always had gone. In an hour or so, i'll switch of this thing because I go to work. And I am afraid that that will do something in my system that will cause sound to die again.. until now this happened all the time. Am now working in my 5th fresh install in 2 months or so and this is what always happens: 1st install from CD: 50 % chance on sound, 50 % on no sound. If there is sound, after the first update sound has gone. Then figuring around cause sound to work suddenly. After the reboot which follows because of switching this thing off, sound died, and stays that way..
 Huh?

So, waiting for the next start and see what happens next.
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 14:39:53 PM »

This looks like black magic...or like a bug.
As I don't believe in the former, I tend to think it's the latter.

Maybe it's time to check http://bugs.pardus.org.tr and possibly fill in a bug report.

EDIT: There is a bug report regarding a similar laptop : http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=5262
Unfortunately I can't read turkish Sad
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 14:42:31 PM by PhiX » Logged

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
asterix1423
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 19:47:38 PM »

Bonsoir!

Okay.. All day, the system worked fine. rebooted several times into Pardus, no problem. I almost started to believe that it was finally solved.

but then... I only once booted in to Windows XP and then directly back in to Pardus.

No sound...................... :-(

I will fill in a bug report.

Merci beaucoup pour votre assistence!

asterix1423
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 21:40:23 PM »

Okay..

I filed a bugreport (6975) and the problem was solved. We tried a lot, but in the end I recieved links for installing the newest stable version of Alsa. And that worked.

I must say that I am very pleased by the way the Linux community responds. I asked several questions lately, about several distro's in several forums.. There are a lot of commercial software companies who can learn from this...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: