Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 16:25:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  can i shut this off?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: can i shut this off?  (Read 1011 times)
mano72

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2008, 22:01:52 PM »

Maybe you can see my first message (what's going on). I have a problem with Pardus in this case my memory of my laptop. Since Pardus is caching my memory my laptop runs slow. Is there an option to put this off?
It don't work on my laptop. And i don't want this!!
Please who can help me?? Undecided

Greetings,

Mano
Caesar Tjalbo
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 02:29:23 AM »

On the command line, you can run a program called 'top'. It shows what's happening with your memory and you should be able to see what's eating your memory (press q to exit). A program called 'free' shows you how much memory is available and if the swap partition is being used.

Immediately after starting your computer into a desktop session, there shouldn't be many programs running and it should show some space. The columns %CPU and %MEM are most interesting,

(Starting a command line: press alt + F2 to open a dialog, type 'konsole' to start the console, in konsole you can type 'exit' to close it again.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: