Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 11:10:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  slider bar colour
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: slider bar colour  (Read 872 times)
highenergy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2008, 19:34:48 PM »

hello,

Maybe I am the only one who dislikes it but let me tell you something. There is a slider bar on the left of web browser. Slider bar's colour is grey and background is white. When mouse comes over slider bar, it's colour turns into white and becomes invisible. Then I am not able to locate / or remember where the bar is. I think it would be more clever to keep bar's colour unchanged.

regards
H.E.

Acer Aspire 5520G-402G16, AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-58 1.9GHz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M G 128MB
Caesar Tjalbo
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 12:02:08 PM »

KDE and by extension Konqueror (I assume that's your webbrowser, Firefox or Opera are different) is highly configurable. You can configure what to have, where and how it'll look but it makes it difficult to compare; I don't have a slider on the left. In my screen, pretty much default across various distro's, there's usually a panel called 'Navigation Panel'. It holds items like bookmarks, history, system, services, etc. It can "slide" in and out of view horizontally, i.e. you can drag it into view. I don't know what exactly you're talking about, not in the least since the look of it is determined by which theme you're using for KDE, I assume it's that panel, correct me if I'm wrong.

Attached is a picture of what the left side of Konqueror looks like on my system. The small areas with dots (near the top and bottom) are handles with which I control the placing of the panel.

It's another 'panel' so you can add items to it, you can place it somewhere else, remove it all together. If you have something completely different then now you know you can play around with it. There's one thing you need to be aware of: Konqueror has "views" or "profiles". See the Settings menu. It means you can set up Konqueror to behave in a certain way and lock it in a view profile so that Konqueror acts different when used as web browser or file browser. Which could also mean your 'slider' may look different depending on the view profile it's currently using.

* konqueror_side_panel.png (9.04 KB, 53x591 - viewed 45 times.)
highenergy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 20:09:27 PM »

Here a snapshot

* snapshot2.png (131.22 KB, 1023x663 - viewed 42 times.)

* snapshot2.png (131.22 KB, 1023x663 - viewed 40 times.)

Acer Aspire 5520G-402G16, AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-58 1.9GHz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M G 128MB
Caesar Tjalbo
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 11:34:36 AM »

OK, that's a slider indeed. I was confused because you said it was on the left side of the screen.

I don't know what the cause or solution is. Your webbrowser is Opera and it governs its own style but should take some hints from the windowmanager (I don't have Opera but Iceweasel/ Firefox does take hints).

In the KDE control center (Tasma?) you can change a number of things to see if it has effect. Under 'Appearance and Themes', 'Colors' you can select a different scheme all together or select the slider bar in the top view of the screen. Every time you select something in that example screen on the top, the item in 'widget color' changes to its defined color. At the bottom there's a tick box which says "Apply colors to non-KDE applications".

Then there's 'Appearance and Themes', 'Style' which lets you set the shape and look of widgets. Selecting different styles allow different configurations. The QtCurve style for example has an option to change the look of the sliders.

Perhaps you need to restart the application to see a change.

I hope playing around with the color options can solve this problem. Perhaps as a workaround: if you have a scroll wheel on your mouse then placing the cursor on the bar lets you scroll with the wheel regardless of where the slider is.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: