Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 23:28:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  News & Announcements
| | |-+  Installation to Vista
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installation to Vista  (Read 2098 times)
Bas1l

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2008, 13:12:54 PM »

Hello All,
             I am attempting to install to a clean machine. Nothing there except for the operating system etc.
I have tried to use the PARDUS Calisan ISO, but all that is revealed is the Notes by languages.
The same applies to when testing the Pardos installation ISO

Do I need to load up the YALI ? I have been directed to a download page, but the seem to be in the region of 20 sets, but which one or how many?

A little direction would be appreciated to remove me from the "thicko of the year" category.

Thanks in anticipation
Peter
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 14:10:49 PM »

I don't understand your problem. Have you difficulties to burn the Pardus iso image on a CDROM ?
You have to download the Pardus Installation CD iso image, Pardus-Kurulan-2007.3.iso, and burn it on a CD as an iso image, and not as data.

You don't need to load YALI, it is part of the installation CD and is self-loading.

Do you want to keep Vista on your PC and have the choice to use Vista or Pardus at boot prompt or do you want Pardus alone ?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 14:23:45 PM by PhiX » Logged

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Bas1l

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 16:27:17 PM »

Hello Phix,
                Thanks for responding so quickly.         

I have burnt both diskimages as ISO, neither will perform as anticipated.
I have used a DVD discs as oposed to a CDs, will this make a difference?
Both show that they are ISO  and not data

I think I had better keep Vista until I am fully conversant with Pardus.
Peter
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 20:50:09 PM »

I don't know wether you can use a DVD instead of a CD, maybe you could try to burn a CD.

What happens exactly when you boot your DVD ?
Do you see a blank screen or do you see some informations ("grub" for example) ?

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
asterix1423
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 21:35:32 PM »

Peter

there are 2 kinds of Pardus: 1 LiveCD en 1 Install CD. When you want to try Pardus, you choose the first. When you trust yourself, you choose the second. You cannot start with the live CD and then change the CD to install it..

Always burn your bootable CD's as slow as possible. Speeds 1x or 2x if possible. Too fast burning might cause bad CD's.

When you install Pardus from the Install CD you first choose the language  and then install it to your system. That's how I did it... 

I did not install Pardus next to Vista, but to XP. But installing next to Vista works the same way. Tried that with Ubuntu. No problem at all.
Mailman
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 22:18:07 PM »

If you're using CALISAN, that's the live CD. You need to use KURULAN, to install Pardus.
Don't forget to boot from disc.
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 20:48:40 PM »

DVDs make no difference, I have never used CDs once in my life to install a distro onto.

However, when you're burning the .iso, make sure you pick the lowest writing speed, it will avoid possible errors.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: