Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 06:32:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Englishman in Munich
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Englishman in Munich  (Read 941 times)
munichjohn

In self-imposed exile in Munich

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2008, 10:11:05 AM »

Greetings.
Pardus info came from Distrowatch and a favourable review by Dan of Linux Outlaws. I created a partition to try it out and Pardus 2007 installed without a hitch. The Wireless card (Netgear/Atheros) was picked-up and configured OK and what seemed like a million updates were installed. I'm not so keen on KDE, I prefer GNOME or XFCE but this release is so stable, I'm impressed. In all Pardus is like one of the biggies like Mandriva, Ubuntu and derivatives and deserves to do well.
Thanks.

Best, JohnS..........
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 12:14:11 PM »

Great Wink You can use Xfce on Pardus but I agree that it lacks some trivial things such as login manager. I packaged "slim" for it but it's not in the repository. When I add it, I'll also update the Xfce wiki page and will inform you Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: