Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 04:42:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Congratulations Pardus Developers!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Congratulations Pardus Developers!  (Read 1155 times)
Arv3n
« on: March 09, 2008, 04:53:33 AM »

Hello!

I just wanted to pop in and say.. WOW! Pardus is a great OS! Although it is based off the Linux kernel, it is completely separate from every other distro out there.

Who else agrees?

What I like:
Easy2Upgrade
Professionalism
Uniqueness
Boot splash (fade in -- WOW!)

Congratulations Pardus Devs, for being completely unique and making one of the best operating systems out there!
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 09:18:21 AM »

I totaly agree!

For freedom...
epsilon
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 19:25:48 PM »

I agree too, Pardus has Professionalism and really good programming philosophies.

But i am not using Pardus yet due to the next reasons:

Not supporting LVM (Linux Volume management) which is a really really wonderfull tool, i just wish volumes to be automatically expandable.
I have installed Pardus on my system, and all my backups where on an LVM and it is not even on the contrib repos. That is saaad.

YALI installer is not very "manual" or advanced. I preffer reiserfs over ext3 but YALI doesnt want me to choose. Also it doesnt like you to change the mount points. I dont know why dont you use DiskDruid like all other good installers out there, this part is doubling efforts.

It is strongly kde based and i just preffer gnome and some xfce tools like thunar.

Is 32 bits and one major thing that i like about linux is getting the full power of the computer.

No USE flags. Gentoo USE flags are just a perfect solution. Sadly the emerge tool is a mess and terrible slow.

The livecd is not installable. I dont know why it is not, i have made a simple gentoo-livecd and making it to install with a bash script was very easy, maybe easier than making a YALI.

Those are all the brown points that i see on Pardus, but everything else seems to be going really good, maybe in 2009 i will give it another try.

Another thing that i wish on pardus is it to have an gentoo-stage like tgz with only pisi on it and then install everything from source.

Cheers
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: