Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 23:14:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  youtube hangs
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: youtube hangs  (Read 2553 times)
Bahri16
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2007, 00:18:58 AM »

hi everybody,

i recognized that firefox sometimes hangs when i play videos from www.youtube.com,
and in konqueror i even can not open the webpage of www.youtube.com -it hangs directly.

after closing konqueror the following programm is still running with 100% CPU usage:

nspluginviewer

has anyone an idea?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 00:24:11 AM by Bahri16 » Logged

The world is not digital - the world is an analog swoosh
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 20:19:31 PM »

Can you gieve an example of a movie that hangs?
What is the output when you start firefox from bash? Undecided

For freedom...
Bahri16
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 22:15:44 PM »

there is no special video which i can determine. when a video hangs then i close FF.
after restarting FF with previous pages the same video does not hang. and firefox does not hang at any video for a wile. then after 10-20 minute FF hangs after and after at every 2nd or 3rd video.

when i start from bash, there is no output information:

bahri@Pardus ~ $
bahri@Pardus ~ $ firefox
bahri@Pardus ~ $

the only special information i have that the video only hangs when it starts to load. it never hung during playing the video.

it would even help me to know if other users have this problem.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 22:18:12 PM by Bahri16 » Logged

jnmbk
Pardus Developer
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 05:51:19 AM »

Hi, there have been some updates for mplayer-plugin and macromedia-flash packages recently. Try these packages and see if problem exists:
http://packages.pardus.org.tr/pardus-2007-test/mplayerplug-in-3.50-10-9.pisi
http://packages.pardus.org.tr/pardus-2007-test/macromedia-flash-9.0.48.0-8-7.pisi
Bahri16
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 19:08:57 PM »

thanks for reply.
i installed the updates - but it did not solve my problem.
you tube videos still hang.

Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 04:15:08 AM »

I tried and tried, but I cant reproduce the problem!  Embarrassed
Maybe the problem is in the flash plugin....

For freedom...
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 19:34:12 PM »

Sorry I can't help. But I do squabble with YouTube somewhat.

the only special information i have that the video only hangs when it starts to load. it never hung during playing the video.

it would even help me to know if other users have this problem.

I play alot of youtube videos.
I always close firefox completely. Music,video, stops. Firefox browser window closes.

I switch desktops and go back to learning some html.
About 9-17 minutes later, firefox pops up on my taskbar spins for a minute until Im able to click a response from it. the response is the same always;  previous session lost / restart firefox / yes or no.

Or  firefox is already running,but not responding.to open new window,first close existing process or restart your system.

If i turn off pc before firefox pops up spinning in taskbar, then next time I start Pardus I'll get same message.

This started happening frequently when I started watching alot of youtube videos.

I could probably be right about saying that youtube or adobe flash player plug-ins is more compatible with IE than firefox, thus causing this problem.

NOTE; These experiences I've explained causes no slow downs on my pc. I just notice that sometimes its already running in background somewhere when i want to open firefox.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 16:31:02 PM by DANHO » Logged
pawel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 19:54:56 PM »

Well, according to what we, I mean people form mailing list of another distro (PLD Linux), discovered "hanging of nspluginviewer is caused with bug in gtk+2.12.*, with 2.10* it worked fine. Problem was solved with updating gtk to wersion 2.12.1-5" (this part I translated form pl).  I know that versions of gtk in Pardsu are different but maybe that's the point, some kind of hint ? I suppose that's the same problem with flash in Firefox, which I also have.
Hybrydzioch
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 18:45:33 PM »

I have the same problem with youtube on my pardus. When i try to open it or any other website wich contains links to youtube it hangs. Strange that any other websites with videos such as mediacafe work well. I had problems with flash player 9 so i installed older version and  all works well exept youtube (earlier there were some problems with other pages too)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 18:49:49 PM by Hybrydzioch » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: