Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:18:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  Yali.exception and total crash during installing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yali.exception and total crash during installing  (Read 1058 times)
Roel

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2008, 11:13:42 AM »

Installed Pardus 2007, but had bugs. Tried 3 times to install Pardus 2007.3. It didn't work out. I made earlier (Pardus 2007) partition for Pardus about 4.5 GB, SWAB about 2 GB en for users about 10 GB.
Every time:
at first it sticks during the formatting (had to push the on/off button of my computer).
second time I got an error during installing before formatting: Yali.exception
third time I got GRUB error 15 (system can't find GRUB).

memory is 256.
Windows XP is also installed on the same harddisc.
Checked the installation CD as advised in the installation-programme and after burning iso-file on CD.

best regards,
Roel
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 17:49:22 PM »

You should redo your partitionning, with 5GB for the system partition (named "/" and formated as "ext3"), 1GB for the swap partition ("swap") and 10 GB for your documents ("/home", "ext3").

If Pardus fails again, you may use MandrivaOne LiveCD which includes a better partitionning tool in the Control Center, complete the partitionning and formatting (except your Windows partition) and then exit.

Your disk will be partitionned and the partitions should be recognized by the Pardus CD.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 17:56:47 PM by PhiX » Logged

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Roel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 23:28:46 PM »

Thanks a lot! At last the installing went properly!

by the way, maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought the instruction suggested 3.5 GB for installating Pardus, should that be corrected? Anyway thanks again.

Roel
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 09:10:04 AM »

3.5 GB is the minimum. 5 GB is what I choose by experience. It leaves enough room to extra programs and to big updates (updates fill the /tmp repository).

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: