Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:52:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  (Solved) skype video is not loading after install
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Solved) skype video is not loading after install  (Read 1273 times)
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2008, 01:45:25 AM »

why skype video is not working anymore after installing?
Still is the skype 1.3 in the repo, I did all updates, but not update for skype, why?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 13:23:43 PM by ilanesh » Logged
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 07:41:28 AM »

Because Skype's new version requies new toolchain (gcc4) and doesn't work on 2007. So we can't update Skype on stable repository. The packager made hack into skype to get it worked and succeeded Wink You can freely use Skype 2.0 if you build it manually. Just enter the command below and start skype from menu.

Code:
sudo pisi bi http://svn.pardus.org.tr/pardus/playground/caglar/applications/network/skype/pspec.xml -d
sudo pisi it skype*.pisi
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 11:32:35 AM »

Hi eren ,
I did this, but it flashes shortly up after install and thats it.
also this stable one is soo buggy on windows and others linux systems, impossible to do video chats, it crashes constantly, only when we disable video it stays stable, everybody has this problem,
but skype beta 2.0.28 was working lots more better with video on linux then the stable version, is it possible to get this beta version from somewhere? cause that one would work without crashings.
thank you,
Ilanesh
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 17:49:15 PM »

Could you enter this command to start Skype and paste the output of it? (if present)

Code:
LD_PRELOAD=/opt/libstdc/libstdc++.so.6.0.10 skype
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 12:36:50 PM »

Hi Eren,
finally I found out why I couldnt start skype, I had to first uninstall the old version and then delete the skype entry after clicking on view hidden files, so I did it and skype would start out of the  box.  Smiley
the only thing is, when doing two way video it crashes, not only in linux also in windows xp, with many people is there the same problem,
when doing one way video it is fine, and when talking only by sound also good, but two way video is a pain in  the neck.
But this is said to skype and they don`t care.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: