Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:40:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  (SOLVED) lm-sensors setup
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (SOLVED) lm-sensors setup  (Read 2762 times)
linuxwizard

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2008, 21:50:06 PM »

Hello
Trying to setup lm-sensors to use with Gkrellm. Have setup many times before. I installed the package lm-sensors but with no dependences which should have had libsensors3or4. Can't find it in the package manager and also libsensors-dev is needed. Are they listed under another name or in another package that I need to install ? Or doesn't the Package Manager show all dependences being installed ? Normally after installing lm-sensors I just need to run > sudo sensors-detect > to setup.  Or is their a different command to run in Pardus ? Using Pardus 2008.1 KDE3.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:17:02 AM by linuxwizard » Logged

Registered Linux User # 418555
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 22:27:59 PM »

Was the lm-sensors installed from a PISI package?
(I am not familiarwith this application and haven't yet checked whether it is in the pisi repositiories or not).

If it was a PISI package and you feel it does not install properly you should certainly submit a bug report on this.

Otherwise if none of the mentioned components is available as PISi package you could:

1) write a bug report requesting a new PISI package
2) Google on how this is compiled from source in several other distro's

From the above I understand that you have managed to install your desired application in other distro's (or in Pardus?) before, so it SHOULD be possible in Pardus (after all it is Linux just like any other distro).

I feel that you could opt for option one, or hope for mroe respons here in the forum by specifying a bit further what exactly goes wrong when you try to install this?

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
linuxwizard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 04:33:53 AM »

Hello Michiel
Thank you for your reply & input

Yes I installed lm sensors through PISI. No I have never tried getting it to work before in Pardus. But have setup the lm-sensors many of times in different distros. I have never had to compile lm-sensors before every distro has always had everything I need in their repos. I will submit a request for a new PISI package. Also will check out lm-sensors website to see what else I need to do to try and get it setup in Pardus. Thanks Again
http://www.lm-sensors.org/

MitraMai
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »

I have installed lm-sensors from the repos, and it works fine.

HP nc4010, which I love dearly...
atolboo
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 10:08:16 AM »

Look here: http://en.pardus-wiki.org/HOWTO:Gkrellm_and_lm_sensors
I am still not finished with this subject.
Maybe it will help!
linuxwizard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 21:31:13 PM »

Hello atolboo
I have not run across that their was a Pardus Wiki. Thank You for the link. Yes I have tried sudo & su sensors-detect nothing works. Normally when I run sensors-detect it starts up and scans your chip sets answer the questions, but in Pardus all it does is goes to a new line in the terminal. It is like I don't have lm-sensors installed or their are missing dependences.  I have setup 25-30 different systems with lm-sensors and help that many more people on various Linux forums with lm-sensors issues. This is why I am confused why I am having problems with it in Pardus. Only thing I have not tried is maybe try and uninstall lm-sensors than reinstall see if that will work. Thank You atolboo

Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 21:41:18 PM »

Did you give the user superuser privileges ?

An example of where I ran into in Pardus 2008 as compared to Pardus 2007 is e.g. in this thread:
http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=805.msg7898#msg7898

Perhaps something similar is happening when you try to run lm-sensors as regular user?

Tasma-System-Users Managment and check the checkbox " give systemadministrator privileges to this user"...might help

Sorry if this suggestion is completely the wrong way to find the solution to your problem, but I thought it was worth a try, you never know.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 21:46:10 PM by Michiel » Logged

linuxwizard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 21:55:17 PM »

Hi Michiel
Yes I am sure I did but will double check to make sure. I am not on Pardus now will check later. Thank You for your input and suggestion

atolboo
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 16:02:26 PM »

....... or their are missing dependences. 
There are no dependencies.   Wiki page is ready now.    Smiley
linuxwizard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 06:15:46 AM »

Hello
Thank You everyone for your input & help. It is really appreciated.
Well I uninstalled lm-sensors than reinstalled. This time when I ran sensors-detect it worked as it should. I now have Gkrellm & lm-sensors setup. Everything is good.

Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 09:26:07 AM »

New version in contrib repoas of October 4th:

http://paketler.pardus.org.tr/contrib-2008/lm_sensors-3.0.3-2-2.pisi

atolboo
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 10:01:33 AM »

This will come as an automatic update.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: