Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 13:16:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  [Solved] why is browsing so slow?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Solved] why is browsing so slow?  (Read 1256 times)
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2008, 12:36:28 PM »

well, I realised, no matter what browser I tried to use, firefox, opera, the browsing on the internet is soooo slow in pardus, and when I boot up to linux mint the browsing with firefox is at lightening speed, so this way I know it has nothing to do with the internet connection.
also when opening software on pardus it takes sooo long, an linux mint again, all in lightening speed.
I like pardus very much, but it is hard to work when things are so much slow, and I have done all the updates. is pardus using too much memory? or heats it up too much cpu?
I don`t now, maybe someone of the experts here have any answer for this problems?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 13:14:48 PM by Andreas » Logged
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 16:40:14 PM »

The DNS that Pardus uses by default can be slow. You can try the DNS of your Internet Provider.

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 20:35:34 PM »

hmmm, dont no what this meands DNS, and dont no how to change this in firefox browser
alittle bit strange
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 11:14:58 AM »

lol, now two days it is also here on Pardus Linux lightening fast the browsing, I guess there was a problem with my own server or overcroudet internet.
love pardus more then ever, cause when I boot up it automatic loges in my thunderbird mail, whtich was never happen in any other distro,
keep on the wonderful work.  Smiley
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 18:14:10 PM »

I'm glad to see everything is back to normal. It seems computers sometimes uses black magic Smiley

For your information, DNS stands for "Domain Name Server". It's the server that links IP adresses (72.14.211.102 for example) to URL (www.google.com in my example).
Your internet service provider must have given internet parameters for you to configure your connection. DNS is one of this parameter. For example,  208.67.222.222 is the address of a DNS.

Name service configuration is done the Network Manager of Sytem Settings (Tasma).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 18:17:24 PM by PhiX » Logged

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 10:45:59 AM »

hi phix, well I have to write just the name of my ip provider anstead pardus.com? still dont understand.
they have configured everything, I cannot change anything otherwise I will be without internet connectiong, cause i use router and only they can help me with router, so when i touch router amd disconnected permanently, this is all too much difficult for me.
i have wireless connection.
and use laptop, this is lot more complicated.
but it seems to be ok in the meantime, Linux Mint has the fastest it seems, but still i dont understand, it is only my providers connecting i use, thank you for response.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: