Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 02:13:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  PHP5
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PHP5  (Read 1123 times)
windease

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2008, 10:51:02 AM »

Hi everyone,
I use Pardus in preference to other Linux distros.  It is easy to install and it runs very smoothly.  All the components for a server to run CMS packages are available - Apache, PHP, mysql - but I have a simple but serious problem that I have raised before in this forum in Dec 2007.  The post collected 288 reads but no helpful responses.

So what is my problem?   Simple really but I can't correct it but the Pardus development team certainly can and it is this: - PHP5 contains a function ctype that is enabled by default, according to PHP literature, but even in the latest version of PHP5 from the Pardus packages - build date Mar 22 2008 - ctype is deliberately disabled.   If this function is disabled for a good reason the can someone explain why?  If there is no reason for disabling ctype then can someone please get the situation changed.

I assume that Pardus developers read the forum - please prove it to us all and get this little matter resolved.

Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 12:24:34 PM »

Most developers read this forum, could you also send this as a bugreport, just to be sure it will be fixed in Pardus 2008!
Good to hear that you choose for Pardus...

For freedom...
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 14:42:24 PM »

I don't know why PHP maintainer disable ctypes but it *maybe* because of security issues. It's my opinion :-) Why do you need ctypes in PHP, could you provide me an URL about ctypes' importance? After discussion this issue on this forum, you can file a bug report and I can enable ctypes support.
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 14:44:35 PM »

Ahh, you already filed a bug Smiley Let's discuss it on  http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=7168
windease

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 19:21:28 PM »

My thanks Willem and Eren for helping to get PHP upgraded to the latest version and the ctype function enabled.

The Silverstripe CMS package now installs and runs very smoothly as required.  This is package that I can thoroughly recommend. It is easy to use and is very flexible.
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 19:44:00 PM »

Thank you for finding a way to improve Pardus!!  Wink
In time, show us what you made, just curious!!

For freedom...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: