Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 16:58:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  [SOLVED] updated after new install and have two entrences to boot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [SOLVED] updated after new install and have two entrences to boot  (Read 1210 times)
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2008, 23:15:17 PM »

I did an update strait away after new reinstall of pardus 2007.3, now I havetwo entrences to boot, how I know whitch one is the new and whitch one is  the older?
there is one who is now the first with pardus linux 2007.3 and a number behind, and the second one is pardus lynx lynx, well I booted up to the first one with the long number behind and it worked fine.
thank for adwise.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 17:49:48 PM by Eren.Turkay » Logged
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:48:19 AM »

The most recent one is the one on top of your table, in this case with " the long numner" , the number shows you which kernel version is being used.
After each kernel update a new entry will be present in the bootmenu, that is normal (in Pardus).

Sometimes you even get more entries with all the same kernel version (I do not know why that is but anyway).

When you at some time think you are getting to much of these entries you can easily modify oir delete some of them via your configuration/TASMA, in dutch here it says Opstart Beheer"  (something like start up or boot manager or so I guess in  english).

The entry with no kernel number (Lynx lynx) is the one you get after installation of a main release e.g. 2007.2 or 2007.3 or shortly 2008.

Anyway the most recent one is always automatically selected to boot.

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 11:34:58 AM »

thank you very much, now I know, and it works all perfect.  Smiley
ilanesh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: