Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 06:51:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  What is the proper way to install radeon x1200
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the proper way to install radeon x1200  (Read 1076 times)
Northernfrog
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2008, 06:38:05 AM »

i have had black screen 5 to 6 times in the past trying to install ati drivers for my radeon x1200 . I have a Toshiba 17" with the card in it and have had troubles with screen of 1440x900 res. in all distro's except kubuntu . I have to say that i missed Pardus alot as i had it installed on an older laptop . Now that i have this newer 17" laptop it's a nightmare . Can anyone explain the method of installation needed . Is there a newer how too since ati's new driver release or am i suppose too install from ati web site . I would really like to run this newer laptop like i had my old laptop with old 32mb nvidia card . Since i now know this laptop is capable of full 3d with compiz , well i want it with my favorite distro PARDUS .   CAN'T WAIT   thanks! Northernfrog 
gardellawg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 19:09:00 PM »

Hi there, I'm also a Toshiba laptop user with an ATI X1200--I have a sweet little 15.4-inch Satellite A215.  Have you tried the installation instructions at http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Atidrivers?

I know they refer to the outdated 8.40 drivers, but these instructions worked fine from me.  If you haven't tried doing so yet, take a try at getting the ATI drivers out of the Pardus repository (it's version 8.455.2) and make the suggested modifications to the configuration files.  I'm not sure it's actually necessary to turn Composite off anymore.

Sorry that I can't report on 1440*900 resolution with this driver because my laptop's display is only capable of 1280*800.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: