Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 21:38:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Pardus falling down the ranking in Distrowatch
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus falling down the ranking in Distrowatch  (Read 4380 times)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 22:26:06 PM »

Greeting,

I wouldn't worry about those numbers in DistroWatch, either.  I just happen to hear about pardus from the Linux Mint newsletter and their release of KDE version.  Someone said to have a serious look at pardus, and since I'm a big fan of KDE, I was tempted. Grin  I have never heard about this distro and it looks like something I would be happy to use.  It has some innovations, and I like to see people try creating new and workable ideas.

Word of mouth is powerful!

Lisa Marie
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 22:58:20 PM »

You are right Lisa. Word-of-mouth is the most powerful drive in the Linux world.
Besides, Distrowatch is not supposed to be a polling machine and clicking on the Pardus distrowatch link just to make Pardus big can give a false idea of its real popularity, thus leading to some disappointment instead of bringing in new users.

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
azra
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 23:09:52 PM »

Hey Lisa
Welcome to Pardus!
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 02:44:08 AM »

Thank you for the tender welcome, waf and azra! 

Hi PhiX, and Good point.  I was steered towards Linux Mint a few months ago when someone that posted and helped me with a problem at the ubuntu forum sent me a private message asking me how I was doing, and asking me why I was still struggling with kubuntu and to give kde Mint a try.  I was glad he did, otherwise, I'd still be struggling.  Same thing happened with Linux Mepis, a couple years ago when I first delved into the world of Linux.   Word of mouth because someone actually has some personal experience with it.

Regards,
Lisa Marie
Andreas
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 05:59:37 AM »

Hello Lisa,

welcome from me too here in the community. Smiley

Greetings
Andreas
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 17:19:17 PM »

Hello Andreas, and thank you for the warm welcome!   I look forward to trying Pardus. 

Regards,
Lisa Marie
Andreas
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 19:04:52 PM »

I look forward to trying Pardus. 

Hello Lisa,

and if you have problems, then ask at any time gladly. We help to be able gladly, so well we can. Smiley Wink

Greetings
Andreas
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: