Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 14:24:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  News & Announcements
| | |-+  Pardus 2008 Beta-1 Released
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus 2008 Beta-1 Released  (Read 3679 times)
hamsy
« on: June 04, 2008, 12:20:59 PM »

Beta 1 test version, one big step further on the way to Pardus 2008, has been released. As usual, this test version can be found at

ftp://ftp.pardus.org.tr/pub/pardus/kurulan/2008/

For a problem-free installation please make sure that you check the file sums after the download, and burn the CDs at DAO mode with 16x maximum.

With this release of Pardus 2008 which will meet with increasing number of users, various innovations and changes are presented for the service of users and developers.

- Some of these changes and innovations at first glimpse include:

- Pardus technologies : new COMAR based on dbus, a faster and more talented PiSi, a renewed YALI, a new graphical configuration interface, a new KAPTAN that brings much more customization ability for our users...

- Up-to-date desktop technologies: Complete policykit, consolekit and dbus/COMAR integration all over the desktop, support for Pulseaudio, automatic printer detection...

- New graphic design: Pardus has been renewed in all respects from boot screen to icon set, and from desktop backgrounds to splash screens..

- Wide range of packages: Pardus’ package repository is expanding and being updated day by day: up-to-date versions such as gcc 4.31 RC, glibc 2.8, kernel 2.6.24.7, Python 2.5 on the base system; OpenOffice 2.4.1.3, Firefox 3.0 RC1 on the desktop...

- While Pardus 2008 comes with all these changes, it does not fall short of its well-known basic features: Pardus 2008 comes as one CD that meets its users’ needs in terms of internet tools, office suits, multimedia (pictures, music, video, etc.) players and countless other software.

Nevertheless Pardus 2008 Beta contains one bug that we have not yet addressed: During installation with languages other than Turkish and English the whole installation process stops just after package installation. Therefore installation with other languages are not supported at this time.

Finally, we would like to remind you once more that this is a test release: We did our best to make this a stable and bug-free release. However, please do not forget that you are using a software in testing phase. Please feel free to submit your recommendations and bugs you encounter during your tests to our bug tracking system at http://hata.pardus.org.tr

For being less prone to failure, we once more remind you to burn your CD’s at DAO mode with 16x maximum.

Enjoy!

Ekin Meroglu <ekin_at_pardus.org.tr>
sprint

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 22:02:36 PM »

Hello,
I did one installation on virtualbox and one one a HD , both ended with an error that the dvd drive could not be read (? after install) d-bus or something, after restart ...nothing, on the HD wich was in dualboot with vista also no grub nothing only vista started  Embarrassed

gigabyte P35 , intel 6850, 2 gig ram, sata hd , dvd sata

anyone any solutions ?

greetz
caber
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 19:41:28 PM »

The install seems to work great for me , but it will not boot . menu.list in Pardus gives it's root partition a value of hd (0,8) where all other distros give the same partition a value of hd (2,8) . The funny thing is that during the partitioning setup Pardus picked up it's target HD correctly as being the third drive . I am using Mepis linux's grub to boot my system . chainloader +1 , chainloader +1 - makeactive , copy and pasting the menu.list entry over from pardus ( hd0,8 and hd 2,8 ) will not work . Pardus will also not pick up other distros or I would have installed it to MBR .
 Give me something I can boot with a simple chainloader command and I will be very eager to run pardus on a daily basis .The system (I did get it to boot once and only once) runs fast , has beautiful artwork , excellent utilities , and is a pleasure to use . Smiley
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 20:47:14 PM by caber » Logged
tblu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 09:35:02 AM »

Hello,
I did one installation on virtualbox and one one a HD , both ended with an error that the dvd drive could not be read (? after install) d-bus or something, after restart ...nothing, on the HD wich was in dualboot with vista also no grub nothing only vista started  Embarrassed

gigabyte P35 , intel 6850, 2 gig ram, sata hd , dvd sata

anyone any solutions ?

greetz

Getting the same error amd64 x2 6000 , 2 gig ram, sata hd , dvd sata.
It won't configure installed packages, stucks by db4.... and asks to reboot.
Andreas
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 10:32:39 AM »

@ sprint and @ tblu

Hello,

if you mean that is a Bugs please use the Foren-Category "Bugs" and post your bugs there.

Or bettter you write to the Bug-Team

It is only a Beta from Pardus 2008.

Greetings
Andreas
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 10:41:30 AM by Andreas » Logged
atolboo
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 10:25:50 AM »

Beta 1 test version, one big step further on the way to Pardus 2008, has been released. As usual, this test version can be found at

ftp://ftp.pardus.org.tr/pub/pardus/kurulan/2008/

The above mentioned link does NOT work. Sad

The link should be: http://ftp://ftp.pardus.org.tr/pub/pardus/installcd/2008
tdm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 07:41:09 AM »

Version 2008 RC2 is out. Almost there!!! I can't wait.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: