Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 04:50:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Oh My! Very Funny
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oh My! Very Funny  (Read 1493 times)
dzpardus

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2008, 23:06:59 PM »

After having so much trouble with 2008 Beta , I decided to DL and install the new 2008.RC1 on distrowatch today.  I burned and installed it. Looked real good! Then I went to setup my ADSL connection. I used Terminal SUPER USER MODE and typed: adsl-setup.  A message popped up stating that rc.pppoe was not installed and I could install it with the Package Manager.  The question is; How can you install rc.pppoe when you don't have an Internet connection and require the rc.pppoe to make an internet connection.    VERY VERY FUNNY Guys.  ahahahahahaha  Another great beta 2008 release but not for those who have ADSL!   ahahahahahaha
jnmbk
Pardus Developer
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 06:31:58 AM »

I have ADSL too, but my modem makes the connection itself. Then makes wireless broadcast to my laptop, there's no problem with my ADSL. If you need this package in the release, please send a bug report at http://bugs.pardus.org.tr
dzpardus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 09:16:12 AM »

I am not running Pardus on my laptop. It's on my desktop.  If I was running it on my laptop then I could connect to the internet wireless. If your running a desktop then you need the rc.pppoe for setting up ADSL. The pppoe files was in the 2008 beta release and should be a standard in all releases. Play pilot of a 767 Jet and do a check list before each release.
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 12:48:07 PM »

After having so much trouble with 2008 Beta , I decided to DL and install the new 2008.RC1 on distrowatch today.  I burned and installed it. Looked real good! Then I went to setup my ADSL connection. I used Terminal SUPER USER MODE and typed: adsl-setup.  A message popped up stating that rc.pppoe was not installed and I could install it with the Package Manager.  The question is; How can you install rc.pppoe when you don't have an Internet connection and require the rc.pppoe to make an internet connection.    VERY VERY FUNNY Guys.  ahahahahahaha  Another great beta 2008 release but not for those who have ADSL!   ahahahahahaha

Instead of being painfully sarcastic, you could help by writing a bug report, don't you think ?
As any free software project, Pardus is about constructive cooperation, rather than consumer whining.
Everyone can be helpful.

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
dzpardus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 01:51:56 AM »

How can I write a bug report using Pardus?  I have installed SIDUX and love it. Maybe when Pardus finial comes out I will put it on my laptop.
Andreas
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 06:03:40 AM »

How can I write a bug report using Pardus? 

Hello,

that I wrote you in this Thread

Greetings
Andreas
miltonjohn2
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 10:08:22 AM »

@dzpardus

Good luck with SIDUX!
Andreas
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 10:40:42 AM »

Hello,

I think, that everybody should work with the Distri, what is the best for himself. Wink

Greetings
Andreas
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 10:42:19 AM by Andreas » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: