Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 06:33:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  [solved]ADSL SETUP
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [solved]ADSL SETUP  (Read 1702 times)
dzpardus

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2008, 07:35:29 AM »

Hi! I have installed Pardus 2008rc1 but cannot hook up my adsl to the internet. Why hasn't a ADSL connection wizard been made for this distro like PCLinuxOS or Fedora and others.  They make it very simple to connect ADSL. Millions use ADSL. I have tried pppoe-setup (no such command) and adsl-setup (no such command). This is very fustrating. ahahahaha   Undecided    I have searched the forms for setting up ADSL and nothing works or information is vague.  I am connecting my ADSL through a Ethernet connection. Any help is appreciated.
Thank You,
DZ 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 13:12:12 PM by Andreas » Logged
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 10:38:29 AM »

Hello,

you must do this:

1. Open Terminal Program-Super User
2. Enter Root-Password
3. Enter adsl-setup
4. Enter Entrance data of the provider
5. When all is done than start DSL-Connection with pppoe-start (as root)
6. pppoe-stop (as root) stop the DSL-Connection.

Greetings
Andreas
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 16:17:28 PM by Andreas » Logged
dzpardus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 12:24:34 PM »

Hello Andreas,
  I tried as you suggested using the KONSOLE Terminal Program but it didn't work. I then went to Terminal Program-Super User Mode and it worked.
Using the KONSOLE I would get (command not found). Why would using Konsole TP in root mode be differrent than using TP-Super User Mode?
  Also I noticed that I must drop to TP-SUM and start my my internet connection (pppoe-start) each time. It will not connect on boot up, why?
  Also I had to go to root first, then type adsl-setup. By your instructions I did #1, #3 and then #2.
The good new is, I am connected to the internet and using Pardus to write this.  Now I can start testing it and compare it to Fedora. I hope in the future there is a ADSL wizard to setup adsl and establish internet connection on boot up.  I appreciate your instructions for connecting ADSL for Pardus.  Thank you for your time.

DZ
Andreas
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 12:49:50 PM »

I tried as you suggested using the KONSOLE Terminal Program but it didn't work. I then went to Terminal Program-Super User Mode and it worked.

Hello dzpardus,

i corrected my instructions.

Fine, that Internet works. Smiley

Greetings
Andreas
Andreas
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 14:57:10 PM »

Hello dzpardus,

if you want, that you can start and stop your DSL-Connection as user, so look here

It ist in German but I hope you can understand a little bit.

When this Thread is solved for you so please edit it in your first Thread as [solved]

Thanks and greetings
Andreas

dzpardus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 15:51:44 PM »

Hi Andreas,
  Thanks for the information. German is no problem with an online translator like Google has. It's just a copy and paste! Bingo! German is translated to English.

Thanks again,
DZ
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: