Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 10:58:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  [solved] Kmymoney
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [solved] Kmymoney  (Read 2402 times)
Thane
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2008, 13:33:24 PM »

I use Gnucash in Mepis and really like it.  Doesn't seem to be available in Pardus.  Pardus used to have Kmymoney in contrib. repo but can't find it there now.  Is there any money/financial software available in Pardus?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 16:05:23 PM by Michiel » Logged
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 14:29:08 PM »

Is there any money/financial software available in Pardus?

Hava a look in the following repos:

http://paketler.pardus.org.tr/pardus-2008

http://paketler.pardus.org.tr/contrib-2008

http://paketler.pardus-linux.org/users-2008

Greetings
Andreas
Thane
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 15:12:13 PM »

I already had the Pardus & contrib repos.  I tried adding the users one and it said I didn't have the correct address.  Do I need to add /pisi-index.xml.bz2 after the address you gave?  Thanks!
Talisien
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 20:38:32 PM »

Hi,

KMyMoney seems not to be in repro of Pardus 2008. Why? Also Gambas is not anymore in the repro.
Is it possible to add?
Andreas
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 12:23:42 PM »

I already had the Pardus & contrib repos.  I tried adding the users one and it said I didn't have the correct address.  Do I need to add /pisi-index.xml.bz2 after the address you gave?  Thanks!

Give please the following as root in console:

pisi add repo Pardus-Linux-Org http://paketler.pardus-linux.org/users-2008/pisi-index.xml.bz2

Greetings
Andreas
Andreas
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 12:33:27 PM »

KMyMoney seems not to be in repro of Pardus 2008. Why? Also Gambas is not anymore in the repro.

Hello,

try to install the pisi-package "Kmymoney" from the Repo of Pardus 2007.

You find it here

And also you can write to the Bug-Team, that you are missing "Kmymoney" and "Gambas" in the Repos of Pardus 2008.

Greetigns
Andreas
Thane
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 15:24:53 PM »

I downloaded Kmymoney from the 2007 repo and when I clicked on it, it asked if I wanted to install.  I then clicked "continue" and it just disappears...stops...nothing...
Andreas
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 15:30:21 PM »

when I clicked on it, it asked if I wanted to install.  I then clicked "continue" and it just disappears...stops...nothing...

This is a Bug and will be fixed. Look my Bug here

For installling pisi-packages by console look here

Greetings
Andreas
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 15:33:16 PM by Andreas » Logged
Andreas
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 06:37:07 AM »

Hello,

I wrote to the Bug-Team to build "kmymoney" for Pardus 2008.  Wink

Klick

Greetings
Andreas
Thane
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 13:50:40 PM »

Thanks Andreas!  Is there any chance that we'll ever get Gnucash (I much prefer that to Kmymoney as I've been using Gnucash for a long time with Mepis).
Andreas
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 15:30:50 PM »

Thanks Andreas!  Is there any chance that we'll ever get Gnucash

Gladly done  Smiley and I don`t know, that we will get Gnucash.

You can added "Gnucash" to the Wishlist an look before you do it here

Greetings
Andreas
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 15:51:02 PM by Andreas » Logged
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 19:27:55 PM »

I apologize for restarting this old discussion thread, but it seems to be the easiest way to ask my question. I would like to try installing KMyMoney 0.9-6, which is still in the /contrib-2008/ repository, but I thought it would be wise to ask you Pardus gurus if this is safe.

In principle, it seems like a bad idea to mix packages from the 2008 repos and the 2009 repos. But in practice has anyone tried something like this? If so, what were the results? Are any of you using KMyMoney or even GnuCash in Pardus 2009?

I installed HomeBank and began experimenting with it. (I was willing to use it temporarily until the KDE 4 version of KMyMoney is ready). However, I was discouraged to learn that HomeBank does not allow the possibility of recording split transactions ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/homebank/+bug/140504 ). In 2008, HomeBank's developer wrote that he will probably implement it in the 4.1 release:

https://answers.launchpad.net/homebank/+question/53064

This is a feature I really need, so I don't think HomeBank will be a suitable replacement.

It would be nice if Pardus 2009 had more finance / checkbook applications available, such as Skrooge, GnuCash or a modified version of KMyMoney (i.e., an older version packaged with the necessary KDE 3 libraries so that it could run under KDE 4). This is one area where the Pardus repos are weak (in my opinion).

Thanks for any advice,
=david

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 21:27:01 PM »

......... but I thought it would be wise to ask you Pardus gurus if this is safe.
I am absolutely no Guru.  Grin
But in practice has anyone tried something like this? If so, what were the results?
When xsane wasn't in the P2009 repo, I downloaded the P2008 version and installed it.
I didn't add the the P2008 repo to Package Manger.
And the P2008 xsane also worked in P2009.
So far my one time experience.
Try this for KMyMoney at your own risk ...................! And I thinks go wrong, don't blame me, I am innocent.  Grin

(Currently I am working on the Dutch translation for Skrooge)
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 01:16:49 AM »

Hi, atolboo,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. My attempt at installing the P2008 version was successful (at least according to PiSi), but I saw no trace of KMyMoney anywhere in the menus (I would have expected it to be under Applications > Office) and I couldn't get the program to run from the Konsole -- either as a regular user or as root. So I removed it. 

I followed your strategy: I did not add the P2008 repo to Package Manager, but directly downloaded the .pisi package and saved it in my /home directory. Next, I installed it via the Konsole. It notified me that KMM had been installed successfully (no mention of any dependencies being installed along with it). However, as I said, I couldn't find any sign of KMM and it would not run from the command line. (I used this same technique to install Michiel's package of Abiword and it worked fine). My guess is that the KMyMoney package must be incomplete.

It makes me wonder which app people are using on P2009 for their finances ... Is everyone using HomeBank?

Met vriendlijke groeten,
=david

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
Andreas
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 06:09:54 AM »

Hello,

please have a look in this Bug-Report  Wink

Greetings
Andreas
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: