Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:50:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  live CD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: live CD  (Read 1241 times)
miltonjohn2
« on: June 30, 2008, 15:37:46 PM »

i wish there was a live cd of pardus 2008 which is able to install the OS as well.... Smiley
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 15:49:39 PM »

Combining install and Live CD would take up too much space on the CD, it is now already packed with a lot on drivers, codecs etc to make it work out of the box. Unless Pardus would be only released on a DVD (which would be a problem to some of us) there will be two CD-ROMS

For freedom...
LinuxFanatic
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 16:08:07 PM »

PCLinuxOS demonstrates that it is also possible. You can install the system using the Live-CD.

So why not with Pardus? I don't think that it is difficult for Pardus developers to make Pardus Live-CD able to install from that ...

German Pardus Linux Communtiy --> www.PardusUser.de
miltonjohn2
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:35:26 AM »

so why dont do a DVD and the cd's???
ok, i know it is more work but wouldnt it be a challenge?? Smiley
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 19:22:45 PM »

PCLinuxOS demonstrates that it is also possible. You can install the system using the Live-CD.

So why not with Pardus? I don't think that it is difficult for Pardus developers to make Pardus Live-CD able to install from that ...

Ubuntu also but you cant compare them because they are nog the same, PCetc has different packages, it is a complete different distro.

For freedom...
LinuxFanatic
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 20:44:19 PM »

Ubuntu also but you cant compare them because they are nog the same, PCetc has different packages, it is a complete different distro.

Yes, I understand, what you mean. But something similar zu Ubuntu's or PCLinuxOS's Live-CD's should be given for Pardus too, I think.

German Pardus Linux Communtiy --> www.PardusUser.de
azra
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 21:55:56 PM »

My two cents is that I love the fact that all the drivers, codecs, etc.. work from the box, that is very impressive to newcomers.
If we need to have two cd for that, one live and one install, so be it.  Grin
miltonjohn2
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 08:46:08 AM »

I understand it too, but i dont want to handle with 2 CD's if i want to show the Pardus2008 to Friends i show the livecd (probably forgotten the install CD at home) - they are impressed and want the OS right now on the pc so what should i do? Download the install cd maybe taking Hours tell them it's the philosophy of pardus and so on?

Also to handle with 2 CDs part one for installing , part 2 to get grub into mbr if needed like "holy-Diver" (or holy driver) gets the Problem?

So i dont understand why there wont be a live-DVD for those who can handle it. OK its a lot to download a whole dvd, but 2 CD's are the same size in the end and its not comfortable.

I hope they will get a good solution till a upcoming release!

Pardus rocks anyway  Cool
azra
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »

yep, that might be an alternative:
1 install CD
1 live CD
1 install/live DVD
That works for me!  Cool
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 14:40:37 PM »

If you had to choose:
Making Pardus even better, more packages, better hardware support
Merge two images on one CD

What would you choose?

The number of professional developers is limited and the community is still small, so they have to make choices, and as I see how fast Pardus is getting better by the day, how cool it is, my sugestion should be:
Developers stick to the roadmap

For freedom...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: