Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 21:42:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  How to confirue Java browser plugin. Firefox crashes.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to confirue Java browser plugin. Firefox crashes.  (Read 959 times)
Pashlit

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2008, 03:38:27 AM »

Hello,
I have Pardus 08 installed on my TOshiba x64 laptop. So far so good. I love that system. But I faced some problems while trying to run Java-enabled page. Firefox was not able to lunch the applet and just stalled. Java check says that I have everything installed. And in general Java works. But for some reason it crashes trying to run Java applet on some websites. I switched to Pardus KDE from Ubuntu. It worked fine in Ubuntu though. I also had such problems in OpenSUSE. And I assume its KDE issue, not Pardus in particular. What can be the problem?
Thanks.
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:41:43 AM »

Hello,

because the problem I wrote now a Bug.  Wink

Look here

Greetings
Andreas
Pashlit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 16:39:19 PM »

because the problem I wrote now a Bug.  Wink

Look here

Some updates. When I run another applet from the same site it loaded fine. And then the first applet (trading system) starts working fine too. It looks so confusing and hard to explain. Like, Java seems to be working but aftter some tricks. When I try to access my first applet for the first time Firefox just stalles and I have to  terminate it. (
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 16:14:13 PM by Andreas » Logged
Andreas
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 16:42:38 PM »

Some updates. When I run another applet from the same site it loaded fine. And then the first applet (trading system) starts working fine too. It looks so confusing and hard to explain. Like, Java seems to be working but aftter some tricks. When I try to access my first applet for the first time Firefox just stalles and I have to  terminate it. (

Hello,

I added it to the Bug.  Wink

You can also create a new Bugzilla account there and than will you informed by new answers. Wink

Greetings
Andreas
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 16:19:13 PM by Andreas » Logged
Pashlit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 16:07:20 PM »

I added it to the Bug. 

Some more updates ))
I just got rid of SUSE on my Desktop. Pardus works awesome so far! I was able to lunch Java. So, it works on my Desktop x386 machine but not on my Laptop x64. I have some other issues with laptop that I dont have on my Desktop. I wll post them in other threads.
But overall I am very happy with Pardus so far. Tried almost every distro and choose Pardus. Long live to that OS and thanks a lot to Turkish friends.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 16:16:08 PM by Andreas » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: