Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 23:54:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Printing between two laptops running Pardus 2008
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Printing between two laptops running Pardus 2008  (Read 952 times)
william5

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2008, 23:48:54 PM »

I have said earlier that I had no printer problems with my laptops running Pardus 2008. However, that was from a Pardus system to a printer on a Windows computer. I print wirelessly without problems, using different Windows computers in my office and various printers. However, I have now converted one Windows computer to Pardus 2008 also and suddenly I can no longer print wirelessly! The remote Pardus system recognizes the printer on the other Pardus computer correctly and I am certain that I have set it up right. The Job IPP report says: "unable to connect to CIFS host, will retry in 60 seconds". Amazing is that in Samba Shares both computers see the other one and I can exchange files via their shares. Also, the appropriate services are on. Could it be that the protocol "SMB Shared Printer (Windows)" for printer set-up only works if the computer with the printer is a Windows computer? If so, which other prtocol do I need to use for Pardus-to-Pardus printing? 
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 07:28:45 AM »

Hello wiliam5,

please have a look in this Thread  Wink

Greetings
Andreas
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: