Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 08:59:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  UMTS G3Modem Huawei E220 How to get this working
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UMTS G3Modem Huawei E220 How to get this working  (Read 1230 times)
id.0207
« on: July 20, 2008, 14:58:07 PM »

First, I'm fairly new to linux and are using a unusal ultra protable computer (HP mini note 2133). The Pardus distro is so far the best I have installed, recognising even the wifi card (boardcom 43xx I think). Most other distros don't.
However, I can't get the Huawei E220 UMTS (3g) modem to work (three.co.uk network). On the eeePC with xandros, the modem gets detected (ttyUSB0) and the network configuration wizard guides you through.
Unfortunatly with Pardus I haven't had success. In the network the modem gets recognized as /dev/ttyUSB0 but I can't get a connection.
I know this desription in very vage, but it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Andreas
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 15:37:58 PM »

Hello and welcome,

perhaps the following can help you a little bit.  Wink

Klick

Greetings
Andreas
rfpa
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 13:02:48 PM »

I think Pardus developers could put some effort on the development of simple approaches to configure 3G modems...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: