Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 12:52:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  Lotus Symphony and more
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lotus Symphony and more  (Read 767 times)
rfpa
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2008, 17:20:33 PM »

Hi!

I would like to recommend the developers of this wonderful distro the following programs to be pisi packaged:

1- Lotus Symphony 1
http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/home.jspa

2- OxygenOffice Professional
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooop

3- Froswire (I know that there is Limewire but it would be nicier to have a free version like this one)
http://www.frostwire.com/

Thank for your attention and work.
Bandito
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 18:48:45 PM »

Hello rfpa!

I tought I would share my experiences and thoughts with Lotus Symphony

Lotus Symphony is a lovely office suite, I have installed it a couple of weeks ago and must say I`m surprised how polised it looks.

Regarding building a pisi package for Lotus Syphony I`m not familiar with the licence under which Symphony is released, nor do I have the knowledge to anwser, if there will be a pisi package in the future. All I can say is for now, there is no official packages whatsoever for any distribution. Installation of Symphony is only possible by using a binary file.

Startup time has been a pleasant surprise after using OpenOffice exclusively for almost 2 years now. I do however hope boot time is going to be considerably faster when 3.0 is released.

GUI looks like an upgraded version of OpenOffice with some additional attachments (tabs), all together is rounded with a nice and very eye pleasing blue theme. Overall GUI`s are a matter of personal preference, it`s up to the end user to decide which one is more mature, intuitive, easier to use or has a better look.

It supports most common office formats out of the box. There were some rumors about IBM has gotten rid of some advanced functions and features, but so far this are only rumors, but I`m not an advanced Office user so I haven`t noticed any lack of features, it`s all there and works like it should.

Regards bandito
rfpa
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 19:55:16 PM »

Bandito, thanks for your replay. I share your opinion. I've used Lotus Symphony beta (something) on Linux Mint and I've enjoyed very much. Let's see if anything comes out of this wish. eheheh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: