Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 08:17:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Pardus 2008 Ok for Use in the U.S?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus 2008 Ok for Use in the U.S?  (Read 739 times)
volts2008

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2008, 09:55:09 AM »

Hello folks, a colleague of mine asked me if I could install Linux on his friend's laptop. Her current laptop OS is a pirated Windows. She wanted to replace this with a legit OS at no cost, which bring us to Linux.  I have no problem with it, in fact I will even give away a free Pardus 2008 install CD as backup.

My concern is that, the laptop owner will be going to the US to work and she will take the laptop with her. Since Pardus's media players can play encrypted DVDs would this not bring her trouble in the US? What issues, if any, would she be concerned of as a regular Linux user (Pardus in particular) in the US? Is it really true that playing encrypted DVDs on Linux in the US is illegal?

Thanks for your thoughts on this matter.
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 11:04:09 AM »

Is it really true that playing encrypted DVDs on Linux in the US is illegal?

Hello,

I don't know.

Perhaps the Wiki can give you an answer.  Wink

Greetings
Andreas
miltonjohn2
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 12:29:01 PM »

check an US-linux distro or as in an US-Ubuntu-forum or Wiki after such things or google it
there will be answers a lot Wink

priracy is illegal Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: