Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 06:34:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Hello from Ireland!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello from Ireland!  (Read 1131 times)
Void
« on: August 04, 2008, 14:39:31 PM »

Wow thank god this section is here, otherwise I wouldn't know where to start!

Hello everyone my name is Paul, Linux hobbyist I guess you could say. I heard about Pardus from the tech section of an image board called 4chan, and heard even though at the time it was low on distrowatches top 100 that it deserved a spot in the top 10. With that in mind I went looking for a download of pardus '08 and stayed up till 6am this morning tinkering with it  Undecided

Like I said I'm really just a linux hobbyist, I installed pardus on my Dell Inspiron 6400. This little laptop has been through a lot, countless OS's have gone on here, Windows, Linux and Hackintosh  Grin

But I think I've finally settled on the OS of choice for this little trooper of a machine. Through all the other OS's I've used this one seems to combine the most fashion and function. Also it helps that when I hand this over to my father for his "casual" internet browsing, that with linux it wont come back with any malware that he got off certain sites..that shall not be named  Roll Eyes

I'm a windows man on my desktop but I have used Ubuntu and LinuxMint 5.0(Basically the same I know lol) on this laptop, I'm fairly useless on the console but I am not the type of person to be scared off by a bit of code.

Anyway thats my introduction, I hope to talk to you all soon and hopefully you can help guide me (and laugh at some of the messes I end up getting into) on Pardus.
tuxedup
Pardus Developer
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 15:07:56 PM »

Welcome Smiley

Andreas
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 15:22:13 PM »

Hello Paul and welcome here in the community.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: