Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 23:29:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Internet connection suddenly fails after two months
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet connection suddenly fails after two months  (Read 1219 times)
william5

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2008, 01:29:52 AM »

Hi,

After having used Pardus 2008 for two months on a daily basis in an office, my wireless internet connection suddenly failed. It used to connect during start-up to our encrypted wireless signal without a problem. This morning I got the message: "Connection failed - authenthication failed". So it seems that it sees the signal but does not get an IP address. I rebooted several times, I tried to delete the connection and set up a new one, but nothing worked. There was nothing wrong with the signal, as other computers (Windows) connected and also another Linux distro on my computer connected OK. So something in Pardus has changed suddenly. The only changes I made recently is to install some upgrades. Any suggestions as to what I could do to get connected again?

william5
====== 
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:38:33 AM »

Hello,

can you please make
Code:
sudo pisi up
and please have a look in the following Threads:

http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=20.msg33#msg33

http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=721.0

Perhaps this are helpful for you.

Greetings
Andreas

william5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 17:17:55 PM »

Can you please make
Code:
sudo pisi up
and please have a look in the following Threads:

http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=20.msg33#msg33

http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=721.0

Perhaps this are helpful for you.

Greetings
Andreas

Andreas,

I could only do a sudo pisi up with an active internet connection, so I made an ethernet connection. That one works fine. When I then did a sudo pisi up, I got the error "no signature found" for 3 of my 5 repos. What does that mean?

When I looked at the threads I noticed that starting the wireless connection as root might work. However, how do you do that? In Pardus you cannot logon as root. And when I run "sudo network-manager", that does not work either. You can only start the network manager from the command line as user. So I am kind of stuck on this one.

Also, my other laptop - a Fujitsu Lifebook, also with Pardus and also after the latest updates - shows a connection problem, too. When I want to connect, the authorization window does not form properly, but is grayed out, so that I cannot type the password and I cannot connect. So, I am stuck here, too. 
Andreas
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 18:47:44 PM »

for 3 of my 5 repos.

Hello willam5,

I have only 3 Repos activated and all packages have normally one signature.

Look here

For your wireless problem perhaps another user have one idea. I don`t have it. Sorry.

Greetings
Andreas
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 18:53:37 PM by Andreas » Logged
dnelub

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 21:09:32 PM »

Did you try to connect by using console? It is not difficult all possible command comes when you write "network". In order to create a network: " network create " and then follow wizard. I am not sure if it works but worth to try. And it is possible to use some other commands to check connection such as : "iwlist"
And you can give these commands after login root. Well you dont have to be root but if you want you can give these commands as a root. By the way if you find some inconsistency between console and network manager, dont worry it is just an ignorable bug. 
Bahri16
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 22:52:46 PM »

i had a similar problem 20007.3- error message is authentification failed.
after remove usb wlan stick and insert it again it does  funktion.

The world is not digital - the world is an analog swoosh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: