Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 04:39:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  More English documentation for Pardus
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More English documentation for Pardus  (Read 1344 times)
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2008, 08:34:19 AM »

Since this seems to be the place the Pardus developers  look for user requests I've taken the liberty of copying a link to this thread here:

http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=2061.0

If this distro is to gain any momentum it really needs more documentation in other languages than Turkish.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 09:41:12 AM by roverrat » Logged
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 07:19:27 AM »

The wiki is getting better day by day, only thing you can ask is more users to contribute to it, let the developers just focus on de development of Pardus!

For freedom...
miltonjohn2
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 08:13:23 AM »

(this post is not any kind of faschistic way:)

Why is there more documentary in turkish - because it is a turkish Distro
(other distros from brasil are mostly in portugues, so)

but Pardus is a Worlddistro anyway - because many turkish people live in a kind of disapora many in germany, and they talk turkish anyway but less german so they do not need a other language documentary....
And you have to see that Pardus is the most youngest Distro which i know, is a baby which has to learn to walk, talk and take over worlddomination one day Wink
Other distros are real Grandpa's and got a big Community so Debian, Slackware and others got a big other languaged documentary, right?!

right to willem, you can only build up a call for wiki or a wiki-group which does a bigpart of the wiki-documentary in the own language....

But what we need sometimes are the Underground-informations from the develop-team like Plans for the future, Problems they fight with and other things.

Maybe it is a better way like www.Pardususer.de will do it - to include their wiki into their Portal, so they have a Forum, a Wiki and some other stuff in one hand on one internet-adress...

Thats all right now  Smiley
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »

Willem,

there definitely is a need for more documentation from the Pardus developers about things like the architecture of the system, pisi, comar, etc. Also, there is *no* link on the official Pardus site to either the wiki or the forums!

It would als really be a big help if the bug system were English instead of Turkish. I know the system itself is English but most of the bug descriptions are in Turkish. This makes it very hard for users to see if a particular bug is already known.

I have been quite active in these forums and have really tried to help out new users (and still do occasionally). I do like Pardus but have switched to another distribution for my main system because of the aforementioned reasons. I suspect I am not the only one...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 09:40:21 AM by roverrat » Logged
miltonjohn2
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 11:46:55 AM »

@roverrat

youre not alone....  Roll Eyes

and i wrote already a bug for the bug-system to get english descriptions there to make it easier to report some issues....

but nothing happend yet : http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=7758
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 12:06:44 PM »

thanks miltonjohn2,

I just asked for feedback from the devs on the status of the bug. I'm curious to see if there will be a reply...
miltonjohn2
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 15:03:27 PM »

this pdf-file would be nice to have it in english -dear developers, please

http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/media/dosya/oi_say05_buyuk.pdf

miltonjohn
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: