Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:53:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  [solved]Trying to install Dosemu
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [solved]Trying to install Dosemu  (Read 6377 times)
atolboo
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 22:07:41 PM »

I noticed your system is not up-to-date. You have to update Pardus first.
Huh? When I do "Show Upgradable Packages" in Package Manager I get 0 (no packages) as result.

The result of make is in  attachment "make-konsole.txt"

* make-konsole.txt (198.48 KB - downloaded 153 times.)
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 23:23:20 PM »

It is as if the errors came from the Xorg library. That's odd.

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 00:20:12 AM »

I just blew away the /dosemu-1.4.0 directory and tried again from the start, doing the "extract here" from the .tgz.

Attached is the output of ./configure, clipped directly from Konsole.

Also attached is some or most of the output from make. It looks like the output exceeded Konsole's display capabilities and I lost some stuff at the beginning. I'm not sure what to do about that, except perhaps to do a
Code:
ls -l make >> makelog3.txt
(is that the right syntax? I still have to look many commands up), which I certainly will do if it would be helpful.

* configlog2.txt (8.01 KB - downloaded 81 times.)
* makelog2.txt (88.1 KB - downloaded 167 times.)
Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 00:25:39 AM »

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention, I've accepted all the "upgradeable packages" that PiSi the cat has offered to me. As far as my personal modifications go, I added Emacs and Opera from the PiSi repo, three Firefox add-ons from Firefox, and a couple of my Windows programs into Wine (sorry, but there are two that I haven't been able to replace with pure Linux). I haven't (knowingly) done anything else. It should be a relatively fresh and undamaged system. Of course, "undamaged" and "Mourningdove" don't always go together Smiley .

Thanks,

Eddie
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 00:32:56 AM »

It's  :
Code:
make >> makelog.txt

But unfortunately, I have no idea of what is causing the trouble.

Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 05:00:53 AM »

Yeah, it looked like a mess. I do appreciate the time all of you you have put into this problem. Would it be appropriate for me to send it to the Pardus Bugzilla?
atolboo
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 09:44:11 AM »

....... It looks like the output exceeded Konsole's display capabilities and I lost some stuff at the beginning. I'm not sure what to do about that, .........
To solve that problem go in Konsole to Settings>History... and change the number of lines from 1000 to 'Set Unlimited'
And then you can check if you get the same "X.c:226:19: warning: X11/X.h: No such file or directory" warning just before the first error message.
(see my "make-konsole.txt" attachment)
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »

Yeah, it looked like a mess. I do appreciate the time all of you you have put into this problem. Would it be appropriate for me to send it to the Pardus Bugzilla?

Before reporting this bug, do an update from a terminal with :
Code:
pisi up

Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 01:36:23 AM »

Atolboo:

I tried deleting the whole /dosemu-1.4.0 directory and re-extracting from the .tgz just now, and I was able to set the terminal history to "unlimited." And yeah, I have the same warning, X.c:226:19: warning: X11/X.h: No such file or directory. The next 20 or 30 lines after that look very close, or identical, to what was in your make-konsole.txt file.

PhiX:

I ran pisi up and PiSi installed baselayout-contrib, xine-lib, mplayer, ffmpeg, and amarok. I did that before the operations I just described to Atolboo, and make gave me the same number of warnings and errors. I can upload the log file if it would be helpful.

A more general question -- should I run pisi up every now and then, just as a habit? Or did you suggest that more for a one-time troubleshooting tactic?

Thanks,

Eddie

Andreas
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 06:38:00 AM »

A more general question -- should I run pisi up every now and then, just as a habit?

Hello Eddie,

with pisi up you update/upgrade your system and all packages.

Greetings
Andreas
atolboo
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 09:46:03 AM »

When I do "Show Upgradable Packages" in Package Manager I get 0 (no packages) as result.

Is there a difference between the above methodes?
The last methode is done every Package Manager>Settings>Configure Package Manager>General Settings>Check interval minutes.
(there should be a mark at 'Enable periodic update check')
Andreas
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 10:46:46 AM »

When I do "Show Upgradable Packages" in Package Manager I get 0 (no packages) as result.

Is there a difference between the above methodes?

No, it isn`t. Wink
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 13:03:38 PM »

A more general question -- should I run pisi up every now and then, just as a habit? Or did you suggest that more for a one-time troubleshooting tactic?

Thanks,

Eddie

The easiest way is to let "the little cat" in the taskbar do its job. By default, it checks for updates every 720 minutes (cf. package-manager configuration).

atolboo
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 15:07:47 PM »

It is as if the errors came from the Xorg library. That's odd.
Before making a bugreport I am doing a further investigation.
In Pardus2007.3 I don't have any problem with Dosemu.
Comparing the ./configure konsole output I see 'checking for X11/extensions/XShm.h... no' in 2008 and 'checking for X11/extensions/XShm.h... yes' in 2007.
And I see that the number of files in /usr/include/X11/extensions for 2008=16 and for 2007=117
I want to try to solve this (and coming) difference(s) first before making a bugreport.
I think a library is missing, but which one?
Investigation continues ............................. Huh?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 15:21:40 PM by atolboo » Logged
atolboo
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 16:35:46 PM »

[Investigation continues ............................. Huh?

THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED.......... Grin

The missing package is   xorg-proto.
Install this package and Dosemu is up and running.

Could Phix change
1. Make sure the following packages are installed in the software manager : gcc, make, bison, flex
into
1. Make sure the following packages are installed in the software manager : gcc, make, bison, flex, xorg-proto
in Reply #6?

I would like to THANK everybody ( particularly Phix) for their help.  Kiss

I plan to make a wiki page about this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: