Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 01:57:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus Project
| | |-+  Translation issues / REQUEST
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Translation issues / REQUEST  (Read 8673 times)
Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 05:19:48 AM »

I'm relatively new to Linux, quite new to Pardus, and I don't know five words of Turkish. I'm pretty sure this qualifies me to be the world's most useless member of any documentation team. But I'd like to try. I was playing with the idea today of working up a very basic guide along the idea of, "OK, you've got a Pardus CD, what happens next?" I'm  retired, but used to do professional writing and editing; and a lot of my work involved cooperating with others. (I published very little under my own name.) If this sounds helpful, or if there's any other way I could help with creating some English write-ups for this outstanding distribution, let me know.
atolboo
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »

..... and I don't know five words of Turkish.
My knowledge is zero words.
........ me to be the world's most useless member of any documentation team.
That means I am more useless.
...... "OK, you've got a Pardus CD, what happens next?"...
Something like http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Pardus:Installation2008 ?

This shows that anybody can contribute to the documentation.  Roll Eyes
Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 04:41:26 AM »

Yeah, something a lot like that Smiley. That's a real nice job.

I guess what I was thinking of is that:

Pardus is the easiest Linux installation I've ever done. (I've installed about six different distros, and failed at a few others, so I'm working off a bit of experience.)

Therefore, Pardus should be a prominent alternative for new Linuxers.

New Linuxers (I don't want to call them "newbies" or "n00bs" or whatever) might have trouble connecting to networks once they've installed Pardus, and I wouldn't be surprised if they would have a lot of trouble finding the Pardus Wiki. (I know it took me a while.)

It would be great if (a) the Pardus home page linked to the Wiki, and/or (b) if a form of those installation instructions, maybe in .pdf, was available right from the home page. There is a link up there, but it points to installation of the 2007 model.

I'll certainly add to the Wiki if I find any holes I could help fill, but I won't try to improve on that installation guide. Thanks for pointing me at it.

roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 11:45:01 AM »

It would be great if (a) the Pardus home page linked to the Wiki, and/or (b) if a form of those installation instructions, maybe in .pdf, was available right from the home page. There is a link up there, but it points to installation of the 2007 model.

I completely agree with you Mourningdove, it would be very helpful if the Pardus homepage (http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/) would contain a direct link the the wiki.
atolboo
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 11:50:51 AM »

Look here: http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=2213.0
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 11:56:43 AM »

Atolboo,

perhaps we should put this in the "Requests" section of the forum so that someone might pick it up.
atolboo
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 12:05:03 PM »

Make a link !!!!!!!!!!!!     Cheesy
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 19:49:47 PM »

I'm translating .pot files in Romanian at the moment, it'll be included in the next release, whilst there won't be many Romanian users, it'll be there for anyone to use. I think speaking a foreign language and using Pardus makes it a duty to make it available to others, meanwhile Pardus would do well to make more .pot files available that translates web pages.

Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 20:07:47 PM »

Could one of the Pardus development team members please specify which of the subdirs of http://svn.pardus.org.tr/uludag/trunk/ contain the .po language files that need to be translated in order to get Pardus 2009 in as much laguages availlable as possible?

The /trunk dir at first sight seems a cocktail of all sorts of projects (e.g. gsco dir from Google Summer of Code).

What are the dir and subdirs that are specifically containing the 2009 files?

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
BenimAdımKırmızı
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 12:33:44 PM »

yep that would be nice, same question appeard at the mailinglist of pardus translation. But i guess they have to discuss first or to much work to give a answer....
http://liste.pardus.org.tr/pardus-translators/2009-May/thread.html
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: