Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 12:47:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus Project
| | |-+  Translation issues / REQUEST
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Translation issues / REQUEST  (Read 8656 times)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2008, 12:21:29 PM »

Several people have asked before, but I give it a new try.

There is a growing dutch, german, english and certainly also French native speaking Pardus users community developing.

There is a lot of online text in trukish available which appears worthwile and enjoyable reading by all these users (jncluding me) that do not understand turkish.
E.g. http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/forum/diger-masaustleri/665/?page=1

Is there really in the current community nobody who can translate turkish texts into either german, english, dutch or french so that others (including me) can help to further translate this to the just named languages?

Please make yourself known when you are willing to translate turkish Pardus related texts, it would be much appreciated I am sure!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:24:34 PM by Michiel » Logged

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 13:44:16 PM »

I second that request.
In particuar, I wish I could read http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/projects/comar/nedir/index.html and http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/projects/comar/mimari/index.html

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
trixon
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 21:33:24 PM »

Im working on a new Swedish Pardus site and Im interested in information in English, that I can translate to Swedish.
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 08:29:30 AM »

The continuous lack of good documentation in English is one of the main reasons why Pardus isn't more popular outside Turkey I think. It has so much going for it, but it will fail to attract a broader international community without up-to-date howtos, manuals and other docs.

I strongly urge the Pardus project team to do something about this.

Alex
Andreas
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 10:05:38 AM »

The continuous lack of good documentation in English is one of the main reasons why Pardus isn't more popular outside Turkey I think.

Hello,

that I mean too. Wink

Greetings
Andreas
LinuxFanatic
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 16:41:44 PM »

Several people have asked before, but I give it a new try.

There is a growing dutch, german, english and certainly also French native speaking Pardus users community developing.

There is a lot of online text in trukish available which appears worthwile and enjoyable reading by all these users (jncluding me) that do not understand turkish.
E.g. http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/forum/diger-masaustleri/665/?page=1

Is there really in the current community nobody who can translate turkish texts into either german, english, dutch or french so that others (including me) can help to further translate this to the just named languages?

Please make yourself known when you are willing to translate turkish Pardus related texts, it would be much appreciated I am sure!

Hi Michiel,

we (I and Claus) developing a portal for German speaking Pardus Linux users:
www.PardusUser.de 

If I finished my work (I think next week), than PardusUser.de will be officially online for all Smiley

After PardusUser.de is online, I’m going to translate Turkish and English Wiki Articles into German. We will also try to write other interesting and useful articles too (i.e. workshops, tutorials, aso.).

Yours sincerely
Gürkan

German Pardus Linux Communtiy --> www.PardusUser.de
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 16:49:10 PM »

That's great news Gürkan. Do keep us posted.

I'd still like to hear from the Pardus project members on this matter. I keep repeating myself: we need more documentation translated from Turkish into English (and other languages).
LinuxFanatic
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 17:05:21 PM »

Thanks for this positive reply roverrat. We will strive to keep the relations with the Pardus World forum (this) and other turkish portals always upright.

Concerning English I'm the same meaning too. Particularly English descriptions are very important, because not everyone can turkish. So we all need more english texts to translate them in our native language.

German Pardus Linux Communtiy --> www.PardusUser.de
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 17:08:31 PM »

That's good to hear :-)

I'll be sure to keep an eye on www.PardusUser.de. Thanks again!
Andreas
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 16:40:09 PM »

Hello,

I divided the topic off here.

You find the new topic now here

Greetings
Andreas

miltonjohn2
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 17:02:11 PM »

i did a Double-post Andreas please dont delete!  Grin

well, it is as it is the worldforum-pardus is the best site you can find.
here is the community, other sites andreas mentioned, they are very low frequented, not because the support is bad, its about the informations and infos you can find here on this forum or via IRC. So sometimes we double-post and will do it again an again. I dont see sense in that...

But every site has its right to exist!
Pardus tried a way to spread Pardus-linux, so now they have to think about new ways and other or better solutions. So i wish there would be more information like you want it too, i wish a better bugreport-site in english, i wish more packages maybe by a "offical Community repo" (there was a thread bout that and eren - warned to use User-pisi-files or the user-repo because nobody maintains specific Packages).
So the most things are very hard to get i guess cause TÜBITAK has to be shown that Pardus is International now - and needs things like i wrote above - but it is a turkish "office" so everything is quiet slow - Workgroups, money, things of Law, and other agency stuff has to be done first - before we can see some advance...
And i think the developers would see it like we do - but they have a lot of work and a lot of paper-war
But maybe somebody of the Developer-stuff can tell more???
Thats all i have to say right now
Andreas
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 19:01:06 PM »

i did a Double-post Andreas please dont delete!  Grin

I don`t do it, Heiko. Wink

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 21:37:03 PM by Andreas » Logged
miltonjohn2
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 15:04:18 PM »

this pdf-file would be nice to have it in english -dear developers, please

http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/media/dosya/oi_say05_buyuk.pdf

miltonjohn
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 09:40:03 AM »

And if someone could translate this into english or german that would be nice as well:

http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/gezegen/user/73/

pardus 2008 python ve tkinter
Emre YILMAZ

pardus 2008′de tkinter modulü gömülü olarak gelmiyor. ve maalesef ne resmi ne de resmi olmayan depolarda “tkinter” paketi mevcut değil.

normalde tkinter, python ile gömülü geliyor. fakat python, pardus için paketlenirken actions.py adresinde görebileceğiniz şu satırlarla tkinter kurulumdan çıkartılmış.
Code:
pisitools.remove("/usr/bin/idle")
pisitools.remove("....../_tkinter.so")
pisitools.removeDir("/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-tk")
bugün tkinter modülüne ihtiyaç duyduğum için, modulü kurmam gerekti. kısa yoldan, hazır paketi alıp tkinter’i yok eden yerleri silip tekrar bir .pisi paketi oluşturdum.

eğer sizde makinenizde tkinter istiyorsanız, python-2.5.2-36.pisi adresinden yeni bir python kurulumu yapıp tkinter’a kavuşabilirsiniz.

kurduktan sonra test etmek için;
Code:
/usr/bin/python
from Tkinter import *

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Andreas
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 11:44:06 AM »

Hello together,

I wrote the folowing today to the Pardus developer:  Wink

Code:
Hello Pardus developer,

there are very much documentations over Pardus to Turkishly however
unfortunately hardly which in other languages like for example German,
English and so on.

A great many user wish themselves a better documentation in other
languages, since most understand no Turkish.

I am moderator in the Worldforum and refer thereby to the following
topic: http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=2061.0

I personally would find it also very good, if you would start an inquiry
on your homepage, as those are content user with Pardus and which they miss.

Thank you for your attention.

Greetings
Andreas

Kindly regards
Andreas
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: