Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:19:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Pardus 2008.1 RC KDE 4 live cd: pardus software missing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus 2008.1 RC KDE 4 live cd: pardus software missing  (Read 1812 times)
rfpa
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2008, 17:09:08 PM »

Hi to all!

Can anyone tell me why TASMA configuration and all the other Pardus software is missing in the live cd version of Pardus 2008.1 RC Kde 4?

Thanks in advance.
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 18:12:46 PM »

Hello,

I don`t know, sorry.

I think, that only the Pardus Developers can give you one answer of your question. Wink

Greetings
Andreas
rfpa
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 22:38:28 PM »

This is weird, to say the least....
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 23:34:37 PM »

Hi to all!

Can anyone tell me why TASMA configuration and all the other Pardus software is missing in the live cd version of Pardus 2008.1 RC Kde 4?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe they have not been ported to Qt4 yet ?

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
rfpa
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 00:43:26 AM »

Why then release it? I've already sent an e-mail to one of the developers.
miltonjohn2
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »

kde 4 is just for playing looking testing to get a feeling to it , yet!

tasma was developed to kde3 they are working to get it running for kde4 but maybe Kubuntu uses it before pardus does? They asked a while ago if they are pleased to use tasma in Kubuntureleases but i dont know if kubuntu now starts with kde4 and tasma or if they wait till its developed by Pardusdevs to use it in Kde4...
rfpa
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 10:03:59 AM »

kde 4 is just for playing looking testing to get a feeling to it , yet!

tasma was developed to kde3 they are working to get it running for kde4 but maybe Kubuntu uses it before pardus does? They asked a while ago if they are pleased to use tasma in Kubuntureleases but i dont know if kubuntu now starts with kde4 and tasma or if they wait till its developed by Pardusdevs to use it in Kde4...

Ok, I get it now. It's just a preview. I got the answer back from Ekin.

My suggestion is that this live cd could come with some sort of "warning", since newbies (like me Tongue) could feel lost without TASMA and the other Pardus software.

Let's wait. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 23:05:02 PM by rfpa » Logged
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 07:21:34 AM »

Will Tasma still be called Tasma in Kubuntu? I hope this will attract more attention for Pardus

For freedom...
rfpa
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 23:06:14 PM »

Will Tasma still be called Tasma in Kubuntu? I hope this will attract more attention for Pardus

Is Kubuntu importing Tasma in 8.10? Uouu! That's great news!
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 23:14:17 PM »

From Planet Pardus (http://planet.pardus.org.tr/) :

May 22, 2008
Pınar Yanardağ
Pardus @ Ubuntu Developer Summit

When I came back to home from the office, Eren gave me great news that made my day! =)

As we heard (in #pardus-devel (@freenode)) from Jonathan Riddell and Martin Böhm, they were in Ubuntu Developer Summit (@ Prague) and were discussing to adopt our configuration tools into Kubuntu. I really got excited, because we have a lot of beautiful tools for end-users to make Linux easier for them, but we lack of presenting these tools to open source community.. =(

When Pardus 2008 (and it’s very soon) got released, we will start to port all of our configuration tools (as well as other applications such as Kaptan and TASMA) to KDE 4 immediately.. And as being the maintainer of TASMA, I’ll really be happy to see them being used on Kubuntu..Yay! =)

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
rfpa
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 16:28:17 PM »

Hi! Now that 2008.1 kde 4 is out, does anyone knows if it already comes with Pardus software?

Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: