Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 02:58:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  Udev error?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Udev error?  (Read 944 times)
Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2008, 03:47:58 AM »

I'm using Pardus 2008 on a Shuttle computer at home. (It may be 2008.1 by now, as I just got about 165 updates the other day. I'm not sure how I can tell.)

Anyway, I have several partitions and select Pardus from a Grub entry. It's my main distribution now. But lately I've been having a problem.

I get the orange splash screen with the white line that fills in. 2 out of 3 times, the screen goes blank, I get a little circle that looks something like the end of a PS/2 connector, and then the login screen comes up. The other 1 out of 3 times, I get a non-blinking cursor, and the computer just sits there. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart.

This happened a few times before the 165 updates; it seems to be a bit more frequent now. Tonight I had to reboot twice. When I finally got in, I went to the terminal (Ctrl-Alt-F1) and before the login I saw a message that looked something like "starting Udev processes that previously failed." I'm sorry, I didn't copy the exact wording, but that is quite close.

Can anybody tell me what's going on with this and help me troubleshoot it?

Thanks.
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 13:07:18 PM »

Unless someone has an idea, I think you have to write a bug report on  http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 15:19:49 PM »

Thanks. Next time it happens I'll try to transcribe the error messages more exactly, and then I'll file a bug report.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: