Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 10:49:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  the live CD, screen resolution, and hard drive partitions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the live CD, screen resolution, and hard drive partitions  (Read 688 times)
Walt H

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2008, 06:05:34 AM »

I downloaded the live version of Pardus, and I am having a few problems I hope someone can help me with.

First, when I booted my laptop (Dell Inspiron 8200), the resolution looked to be 800 by 640. The setting said it was 1024 by 768, but the images and icons looked much too big for that. In addition, changing the setting had no effect at all. Is there a way to actually change the resolution when using the live CD? (The Settings Manager seemed to have no effect.)

Second, is there a way to view hard drive partitions when running the live CD? (It was last night, but I don't remember an option to mount those partitions.) I ask because I would like to get my wireless working, and the driver for my wireless card is on the hard drive. If I can mount and access a USB stick, I can also get to the driver that way.

Thanks for your help. If I can get my wireless working properly (instead of intermittently as with other distributions), Pardus could find a permanent place on my computers.

Walt
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 15:04:12 PM »

Hello and welcome Walt,

The resolution of the Live CD session is set at boot time. Press F3 to change it.

Once in your KDE session, you have two ways to change it :
1- In Tasma > System > Display Manager
2- In Tasma > Peripherals > Screen

In order to view your partitions in the Live Cd session, you can do as follows :

Successively click on : Pardus Menu > Programs > System > "Terminal"
Code:
su
Enter the password "pardus"
Code:
mkdir Desktop/Windows

cfdisk will show you the Windows partition name
Code:
cfdisk

If your Windows partition name is /dev/sda1, run :
Code:
mount /dev/sda1 Desktop/Windows

You have now access to your Windows partition and can fetch the driver.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 15:08:35 PM by PhiX » Logged

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Walt H

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 20:29:10 PM »

Hello and welcome Walt,

The resolution of the Live CD session is set at boot time. Press F3 to change it.

I thought I had done that, but I will give it another try. If that doesn't work, I will go back and try one of the other methods you mentioned.

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: