Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 23:11:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Hey from Australia
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey from Australia  (Read 1311 times)
lashni
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2008, 12:43:34 PM »

Hi, I'm Tim and I've been using Pardus on and off since the 2007 release. I've decided to settle in with it as my primary distro and get more involved with helping the community in some fashion. I've been using various shades of Linux since about 95, starting on Slackware and recently LFS/Pardus/Mint. Somewhat of a hobbyist coder, python being the current infatuation - rarely brilliant at any language, I just tend to hack on stuff until it works.
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 12:57:03 PM »

Hello Tim and welcome here in the Community. Smiley

Greetings
Andreas
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 21:58:29 PM by Andreas » Logged
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 14:25:29 PM »

Welcome on board, lashni !

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 23:11:06 PM »

Hi lashni,
nice to have you here on the forum, we always have lots of problem around, so I am sure we will appreciate your help a lot!!!
But you can ask also anything, and I mean anything...
And dont forget to visit our 'pub' once in a while!

For freedom...
lashni
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:44:00 AM »

I do aim to become an active contributor on the forums, lately though I've been working on understanding the intricacies of pisi packaging.

I've had a bugfix/update contrib package accepted and waiting on developer approval atm for a new contrib package. The dev's on the pardus-devel mailing list have been very helpful.

Still a few things I haven't got my head around yet, been going through the pisi source and existing pspec.xml for various packages looking for a way to specify an 'or' dependency. From what I've seen so far, doesn't look like there is one.

eg. package x requires either Alsa or OpenAL
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 19:06:13 PM »

Hi Lashni,

And welcome!  I hope you get that python error you mentioned in other thread worked out. 

Regards,
Lisa Marie
lashni
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 02:28:24 AM »

Thanks Lisa, though I basically just swapped to the fresh install rather than figuring it out. Slack. :)
rosinskitg

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 20:32:39 PM »

Hi, I'm Tim and I've been using Pardus on and off since the 2007 release. I've decided to settle in with it as my primary distro and get more involved with helping the community in some fashion. I've been using various shades of Linux since about 95, starting on Slackware and recently LFS/Pardus/Mint. Somewhat of a hobbyist coder, python being the current infatuation - rarely brilliant at any language, I just tend to hack on stuff until it works.
Hi Tim,
Glad to have you as a member. Thak you for your help in the forums. You are very knowledgeable I can see.

Thanks a bunch.

I am new to the community.

Terry
lashni
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 02:35:41 AM »

Not a problem Terry.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: