Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:51:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  [Solved!] Want to check on WiFi
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Solved!] Want to check on WiFi  (Read 991 times)
Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2008, 03:41:21 AM »

I have a Compaq laptop with a Broadcom WiFi card. It's about a year old.

If I download the live Pardus 2008.1 disc, will I be able to tell from that whether Pardus will recognize the Broadcom card and be able to use it? Or is the configuration only something I can do after a full install?

I'll have to take the disc and the laptop to a library, as I don't live near any active WiFi signals.

In general, how successful have people here been using WiFi on Pardus?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 22:29:52 PM by Mourningdove » Logged
lashni
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 10:01:50 AM »

Provided it's out-of-the-box wireless support you are testing, it will be exactly the same as if you'd installed Pardus. If you needed to install further software to configure your wireless you may not be able to... I can't really speak to that though, I haven't used a Pardus LiveCD in a couple years. I'm not sure if they use unionfs/aufs or such to allow pseudo write access to the system.
azra
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 10:45:45 AM »

I have used Pardus on 4 laptops and 1 desktop and each time the wi-fi has been detected and properly set-up.
If you use the Live CD, it will tell you exactly how the wi-fi is recognised. You should not have any problems.
Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 15:21:35 PM »

Thanks. It'll take me a few days to get to a WiFi spot, but I'm looking forward to trying it out & can report back, hopefully with a [Solved!].
Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 22:31:34 PM »

Yeah, that. I burned a Hyaena Hyaena live CD last night, brought it to the library today, and it configured my Broadcom in about 15 seconds. Unbelievable! I'm installing HH on this laptop as soon as I get 20 minutes.
rosinskitg

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 01:00:26 AM »

Hi,

Mine works great I have a netgear 8185 WIFI PCI card. Loaded Partus 2008.1 for the first time ever and saw WIFI AP possible connections immediatley around my neighborhood.

Love this Linux OS distro.

I really don't know why more people are not using it?!!!!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 01:03:40 AM by rosinskitg » Logged
azra
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 11:51:45 AM »

Yeah, that. I burned a Hyaena Hyaena live CD last night, brought it to the library today, and it configured my Broadcom in about 15 seconds. Unbelievable! I'm installing HH on this laptop as soon as I get 20 minutes.

I know, this distro is unbelievable.... I am always amazed how all just works out the box...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: