Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:14:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  .ogm/.mkv DVD author and/or convertor.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: .ogm/.mkv DVD author and/or convertor.  (Read 821 times)
Linux_noob616

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:04:03 AM »

Hi, I've asked this question a lot over at Ubuntu forums but with no answer. So i left the buggy Kubuntu and came here, Hopefully you all can help me Smiley
I have some .ogm and .mkv video files i'd like to put on DVD But every DVD authoring program i find doesn't support those files.. (in my case DeVeD and qDVDAuthor)

But if someone could point me to a convertor i'd gladly just use those programs after converting my files.

So please. Save me from my insanity! Cheesy
lashni
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:32:02 AM »

In regards to mkv files, I don't think you'll find a worthwhile application atm that does it an easy, click-convert sorta way. Simply because matroska is an extended container specially designed to support things that avi/mpg have problems with... so there's no one-size-fits-all way to convert them.

I'd read up on using mkvextract (part of mkvtoolnix package) to split the mkv into different streams, then ffmpeg to glue them back together into the format you want.
Linux_noob616

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 04:06:38 AM »

I'll try that, But what about .ogm?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: