Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 17:06:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Laptop
| | |-+  [ABANDONED] Aspire One - Battery not recognised
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [ABANDONED] Aspire One - Battery not recognised  (Read 10730 times)
azra
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 10:54:06 AM »

I tried all these options, and including noapic nolapic at the beginning does stop the loop! The cpu does not shut down, but the screen shows "system halt" and stays there.
When this is with "noapic nolapic acpi=off" try "noapic nolapic acpi=force".
I am waiting for the result.

Hey atolboo
I tried it just now, and the system goes into kernel panic and won't boot.
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 19:13:41 PM »

Had a look about and see that those are the new mini-laptops with the smaller battery - new, so probably just something that will be worked eventually.

These seems similar problem:

http://webui.sourcelabs.com/kernel/issues/8953
atolboo
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 11:49:33 AM »

A new attempt.
This one I can better explain with a list of /boot/grub/grub.conf of one of my test computers.
title Pardus 2008.1 Hyaena hyaena [Int]
root (hd0,5)
kernel /boot/kernel-2.6.25.16-108 root=LABEL=PARDUS_ROOT vga=791 splash=silent quiet resume=/dev/sda5
initrd /boot/initramfs-2.6.25.16-108

title Pardus 2008.1 acpi=force EN [Int]
root (hd0,5)
kernel /boot/kernel-2.6.25.16-108 root=LABEL=PARDUS_ROOT video=vesafb:off acpi=force apm=off nolapic noapic maxcpus=0 mudur=language:en resume=/dev/sda5
initrd /boot/initramfs-2.6.25.16-108
I removed all unnecessary items in this list.
The top entry is the original one while the bottom entry is the modified version.
Everything between 'root=LABEL...' and 'resume=...' has been changed.
Don't copy 'root.....', 'kernel.....', 'resume.......' and 'initrd......' as these numbers can be different !!!!!
Maybe this one will work.  Smiley
Sertse
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 12:30:39 PM »

Arza. I wasn't on my Pardus comp when I wrote that. Forgot Pardus isn't set up that way compared to Ubuntu/Debian. Sorry about that.

A bit random perhaps, but try the original entry again but remove "splash" and "quiet" in the grub.conf. Tell us what it says as it tries to shutdown.

Removing splash removes the orange picture etc when you startup/shutdown, Removing quiet means it will show all the system messages that occurs during bootup/shutdown

This is only to see if the system would give us any message that might explain the cause of the problem.

Btw: I'm wondering if you tested whether the USB/SDD slots, webcam, mic, suspend etc works? Just curious.. if hardware detection is that good. =)
tuxedup
Pardus Developer
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 16:20:02 PM »

Rather than a direct translation, what about using the same template etc, same sections etc and just creating our own content.

I mean translating it will be a big undertaking, surely writing from scratch would be easier?

I dont know.

Sertse
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 00:41:29 AM »

http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=8343

Related? I only know it is about aspire one, and acpi. I don't speak Turkish.

tuxedup: Thanks for the reply.  I think you meant to meant to just this in the "E-mag" thread. "Creating our own content", depends on what, a lot of the content/news that is made about Pardus comes from Turkey. But I suppose it is possible in some wats. 

azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 00:04:26 AM »

Riht.
here is my grub.conf

default 0
gfxmenu /boot/grub/message
timeout 3
background 10333C

title Pardus 2008.1 Hyaena hyaena
root (hd0,0)
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/kernel-2.6.25.16-108 apm=on acpi=off mce=off barrier=off ide=nodma idewait=50 i8042.nomux psmouse.proto=bare irqpoll pci=nommconf root=LABEL=PARDUS_ROOT vga=785 splash=silent quiet resume=/dev/sda5
initrd (hd0,0)/boot/initramfs-2.6.25.16-108

This is the way I installed it. The only thing manually changed was vga=750 following a very intelligent comment. I could not install Pardus any other way, because it would go into a kernel panic.

Also, I attach photos of the loop at the end, maybe that will give you better idea? As a reminder, at this point, I manually turn off my beloved Aspire One.

* CIMG2145.JPG (475.12 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 166 times.)
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 00:08:40 AM »

And after that

* CIMG2150.JPG (417.8 KB, 850x638 - viewed 186 times.)
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 00:11:21 AM »

And finally

* CIMG2151.JPG (340.22 KB, 750x563 - viewed 193 times.)
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 00:19:42 AM »

Btw: I'm wondering if you tested whether the USB/SDD slots, webcam, mic, suspend etc works? Just curious.. if hardware detection is that good. =)

All works (except that I don't know what suspends mean, but if it means anything related to turning off, it does not, such as pressing the off button to log off)
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 00:25:42 AM »

Does your computer work if its plugged in?

Why don't your replace your battery?

Sertse
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2008, 10:44:12 AM »

Suspend as in sleep (suspend to ram) or hiberate (suspend to disk)

Right click kpowersave. Do you have "suspend to ram" and "suspend to disk" avaliable? If so can you try them, and see if it works?
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2008, 11:46:31 AM »

Suspend as in sleep (suspend to ram) or hiberate (suspend to disk)

Right click kpowersave. Do you have "suspend to ram" and "suspend to disk" avaliable? If so can you try them, and see if it works?

Did not work and screwed up my resolution when I rebooted: back to 800x600 instead of 1026x600. I had to select the "probe again" option in the grub at boot to get back to good settings.
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 14:55:18 PM »

Does your computer work if its plugged in?

Why don't your replace your battery?

Mhmrcs:
The computer works and so does the battery. It is actually only a few weeks old. The point is that there is no recognition from kpowersave of the battery and that it seems to be a problem with the AA1 and UMPC accross the board.
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 15:47:06 PM »

Do you have power management abilities? (i.e. power saving options etc)

Would there be a difference if it were recognised?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: