Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 02:57:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Smplayer does not switch to the next file in playlist
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smplayer does not switch to the next file in playlist  (Read 2774 times)
Ch00k
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2008, 08:52:15 AM »

Smplayer does not switch to the next file in playlist. The problem and the workaround for it described here http://smplayer.wiki.sourceforge.net/FAQ under 'When I'm playing a playlist, when a file ends SMPlayer doesn't play the next file automatically, why?'. However, this is not an acceptable solution for non Turkish speaking people, so probably there should be a bugreport, isn't it?
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:47:55 AM »

Why do you use Smplayer? VLC player is without a doubt the most compatible and portable media player, it has all codecs already built into it, VLC player has a playlist option as well:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

rvm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 01:45:18 AM »

MPlayer (SMPlayer is just a front-end of it) also has all codecs built into it. More than that, it can play more formats than VLC, and support for subtitles is much better.

Smplayer does not switch to the next file in playlist. The problem and the workaround for it described here http://smplayer.wiki.sourceforge.net/FAQ under 'When I'm playing a playlist, when a file ends SMPlayer doesn't play the next file automatically, why?'. However, this is not an acceptable solution for non Turkish speaking people, so probably there should be a bugreport, isn't it?

The problem, as the FAQ says, is that SMPlayer relies on some English texts to know when a file has arrived to the end. It's possible anyway to configure SMPlayer to look for other texts, so it can work too if MPlayer displays its messages in Turkish or other language.
Ch00k
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 06:37:29 AM »

rvm, basically, the problem is not that I canot configure it. The problem is that while my installation is English, Mplayer is Turkish. It is not translated while it has to be.
MitraMai
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 09:20:42 AM »

See this post if you (or anyone else) wish to configure Mplayer:http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=2110.0

I think they could put up an english version of Mplayer in the repos. There is a lot of non- speaking users...

HP nc4010, which I love dearly...
Ch00k
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 09:27:47 AM »

MitraMai, thank you, but I've already managed to find this Turkish equivalent for 'End of file' by myself. I hope they will include an English version of Mplayer into the next release.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 10:32:52 AM »

This is a link to "Getting 'Enqueue in SMPlayer' working". Is this the right link?  Huh?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:36:14 AM by Michiel » Logged
Ch00k
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 12:22:35 PM »

atolboo, absolutely. It work if you set \(Dosya sonu\) Çıkılıyor...
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 13:09:41 PM »

Thanks !!!! Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: