Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 15:31:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Openoffice 3.0 build
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Openoffice 3.0 build  (Read 3493 times)
MitraMai
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »

Someone else that has tried to build and install OOo-3.0 from the svn-develop? I tried it yesterday on one laptop and one desktop. None of them finalized the build. Both produced the same errormessages:
Code:
Installed firefox-devel
PartOf tag not defined, looking for component
component.xml                  (577.0  B)100%      0.00 --/- [--:--:--] [complete]
Source is part of applications component
Fetching source from: http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~gokcen/files/ooo3-svn-14410.tar.bz2
ooo3-svn-14410.tar.bz2         (389.2 MB)100%    188.62 KB/s [00:00:00] [complete]
Source archive is stored: /var/cache/pisi/archives/ooo3-svn-14410.tar.bz2
Unpacking archive...
 unpacked (/var/pisi/openoffice-3.0.0.7-62/work)
Setting up source...
Building source...
Make failed.
Program Terminated.
Make failed.
Please use 'pisi help' for general help.
Use --debug to see a traceback.

When turning on my laptop afterward I got the message that the disk was full. Had to erase all OOo files from within the console and MC in order to have a desktop again.
So my question is:  How much space does OOo need to be built?

Oh, and if someone will try to do the same, make sure you have a lot of time... Had to leave the computers on over the night...

HP nc4010, which I love dearly...
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 19:57:45 PM »

Willem (the administrator of this forum) posted this in the dutch forum, also still a bit experimental but seems to install fine:

http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~gokcen/files/openoffice-3.0.0.7-62-7.pisi

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
MitraMai
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 21:17:21 PM »

Thank you Michiel

I have installed the package and it seems to work just fine! I'll test it some more tomorrow.

HP nc4010, which I love dearly...
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 21:35:07 PM »

Please be sure to make an entry in PardusWiki regarding this Smiley

Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 21:56:52 PM »

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but for Ooo 3.0 it is just simple: be patient and await the updated PISI package in the stable repository once it has been tested thoroughly.

I am sure it will not be long before Ooo 3.0 appears "officially" in the stable 2008.1 repo.

I feel one should not promote installing test/developmental versions of software in the wiki.

I hope you agree? (I do not "own" the wiki, it is just my personal veiw)

rusev_ivo
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 22:04:56 PM »

Please be sure to make an entry in PardusWiki regarding this Smiley

You seem to be obsessed with that wiki. Smiley Every second post of yours is about adding information to it. Be patient, wiki will grow bigger and bigger, but we must make sure that information there is valuable and helpful for users, not just added for the size of the wiki.
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 22:11:55 PM »

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that it was stable, despite that, when I was using Ubuntu 8.04 Open Office 3.0 was a popular topic in Ubuntu Brainstorm - people wanted it included, I'm sure many users of Pardus wish the same. If a Pardus entry could be made regarding even an experimental version of OpenOffice, linking to a file sharing site, some people may appreciate it. But I could be wrong, and I hope you're right in that it does appear in the Pardua repo soon Smiley

@rusev - That wiki I'm "obsessed" with was virtually dead several days ago (no entries had been made in the last month). I'm sorry if I appear impatient, but doing nothing will solve nothing, this universe operates by a law of cause and effect, the direct cause of "waiting" is nothing, and is simply waiting for someone to come along who is "impatient" and who wishes to contribute to something. Open Office 3.0 is invaluable, I'm afraid while I may be somewhat more diplomatic on most other points, Firefox, Open Office etc, are the direct competitors to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office Suite, we should address these issues. The more people (knowingly) download an experimental version of it, the sooner it will be stable through bug detection etc.

Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 00:17:49 AM »

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but for Ooo 3.0 it is just simple: be patient and await the updated PISI package in the stable repository once it has been tested thoroughly.

I am sure it will not be long before Ooo 3.0 appears "officially" in the stable 2008.1 repo.

I feel one should not promote installing test/developmental versions of software in the wiki.

I hope you agree? (I do not "own" the wiki, it is just my personal veiw)

Meanwhile I am very disappointed that it takes more then a month now to see that the, according to people who use it, perfectly working pisi for Ooo 3.0 is still NOT in the official repo 's . I can not believe that many bugs are encountered for this pisi package.

How come?

I remain patient and will await 3.0 release in official repo 's, but as a Pardus ebthusiastic this is a very disappointing slow moving job of the Pardus developers.

OpenOffice is almost the most important application in a linux OS (unless one favours Koffice).

It should not take weeks to get this major new version available!

Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 02:55:45 AM »

Despite having a smaller number of programmers as opposed to e.g. .deb, .rpm etc APTs, the OpenOffice is standard in most distros, to me, its the most critical package unrelated to the system operations, other than my internet browser (FF) - It should not take this long...

tuxedup
Pardus Developer
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 02:29:25 AM »

OpenOffice 3 will come in time.  Perhaps the devs have been encountering problems with some parts of OpenOffice that the majority of users would be unaware of.

Just to note, the latest Ubuntudoes not ship OpenOffice 3.0, so we are not the only ones.

atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 23:29:58 PM »

This is  my experience with this package.
OpenOffice 3.0 will NOT open some of the .xls files, which I made some 6 years ago in MSoffice 97.
And some of the graphics do have a problem as shown here.
OOc2.png=OpenOffice Calc 2.4 and OOc3.png=OpenOffice Calc 3.0
OpenOffice 3.0 in OpenSuse 11.1 has the same problem.
bubbel
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 16:30:00 PM »

Hello,

all pisi-packages of OpenOffice 3.0 you find now in the Test-Repo. Wink

http://paketler.pardus.org.tr/pardus-2008-test/

Greetings
bubbel
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 17:06:16 PM »

http://paketler.pardus.org.tr/pardus-2008-test/openoffice3-3.0.99.3-1-1.pisi

atolboo have you tested this version already in relation to your bug report?

it was uploaded April 3rd, so yesterday

atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 21:35:01 PM »

atolboo have you tested this version already in relation to your bug report?
Yes I have and the good news is : ALL PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED  Cheesy Grin Smiley
Have a look in Comment  #14 of this bug report.
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 21:48:00 PM »

spread the word  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: