Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 15:30:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Danger Deep ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Danger Deep ?  (Read 1147 times)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2008, 22:18:39 PM »

http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/oyun/danger-deep/

I do not understand Turkish but the screenshots I see over there are quite interesting.

I noticed http://paketler.pardus.org.tr/pardus-2008/dangerdeep-0.3.0-5-1.pisi

in the repositories.

Does someone here has some experience with this game?

======================================
Danger from the Deep (known as dangerdeep or DftD) is a free (as in free speech), Open Source World War II german submarine simulator. The program and source code is available under the GPL license and most of the artwork/data is released under a Creative Commons license (Attribution/NonCommercial/Non-Derivative works).

DftD is currently being developed on Linux (i386 and AMD64) and Windows. There are binarys available for Linux (i386 and amd64), Windows (32bit) and there are some old packages for MacOSX. Danger from the Deep makes use of SDL/OpenGL and thus should be portable to other operating systems or platforms.

DftD has even been reported to work on:

* Windows (2000/XP/98)
    * Linux (i386/x86-64/sparc64)
    * FreeBSD (x86-64/sparc64/IA64)
    * MacOS X (ppc64)

This game is planned as tactical simulation and will be as realistic as our time and knowledge of physics allows. It's current state is ALPHA, but it is playable. If anyone want's to contribute in development, you're welcome, just email the dangerdeep-devel mailing list. Contributing binary packages for various Linux distributions would also be much appreciated.

[http://dangerdeep.sourceforge.net/]
======================================
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 22:20:39 PM by Michiel » Logged

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 16:18:13 PM »

Does someone here has some experience with this game?
Below is the experience with this game when I try to install it. Huh?

* dangerdeep-install.png (12.88 KB, 530x149 - viewed 47 times.)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 16:46:41 PM »

I was able to take a first look at this game by starting from the konsole typing dangerdeep

However my first impression is that the game is still quite much in developmental stage, several sections are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless I like the idea, this good evolve into a nice cross-platform strategy game, we'll see...

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: