Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 20:26:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Tips and tricks
| | |-+  [Tip] Enlarging fontsize of headers in Inbox of Thunderbird
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Tip] Enlarging fontsize of headers in Inbox of Thunderbird  (Read 3178 times)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2008, 23:02:27 PM »

I am a Thunderbird user in Pardus as well as in  Windows XP.
Now in the past I have used Eudora in Windows for a long time, and I got a bit annoyed by the fact that I could not change the fontsize of the Inbox headers in Thunderbird. The font is quite small, at least for my eyes. In other emailclienst you can define the fontsize of Inbox headers, but in Thunderbird changing fontsize only applies to the message window itself, not to the Inbox window.

After Googling around I noticed several soultions (still itś a drawback for Thunderbird that this is so hard to find out and not easiuly configurable in preferences though), on of which was by far the easiest for me. It appears that Thudnerbird uses either the default operating system settings for the fonts, or the settings of an installed Thunderbird theme.

Since I did not install any theme in Thunderbird I looked in Tasma, went to Appearance and Themes (I guess, in my dutch system it is called Uiterlijk en Thema's), and then clicked the icon Fonts (lettertypes on dutch).

On top there is the setting for the general font type and size, by default this is DejaVu Sans 10, just changing this to letś say 12 clicking apply and restarting Thunderbird for me resulted in easier to read headers (now font size 12) in the Inbox window.

Although most people might not bother about the default fontsize 10, I guess this is worth to share for anyone who prefers a slightly bigger fontsize in this application.

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: