Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 03:56:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  As seen on the internet
| | |-+  Pardus GNU/Linux Case Study Published
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus GNU/Linux Case Study Published  (Read 5959 times)
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:15:25 PM »

I found plenty of stuff I did not know about my favourite GNU/Linux!

www.epractice.eu/cases/3006
also
http://www.osor.eu/case_studies/docs/OSOR.CaseStudy.PardusGNULinux.pdf/at_download/file

Pardus is the first Linux distribution specifically targeted at Turkish GNU/Linux users. In December, 2005, a group of software developers, sponsored by the Turkish National Research Institute for Electronics and Cryptology (UEKAE), an affiliate of the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜB?TAK) got together to create and release the first stable version, Pardus 1.0. Since then the project hast made several releases, expanded its user-base, and steadily became popular with Linux users all over the world. Pardus is known for its simplified and fast boot process, its customized YALI installer and the PiSi package manager.......

I quote from page 15 of the pdf file:
A NetBook Remix is planned for subsequent releases, targeting a class of low powered portable computers that has rapidly become popular in recent months.

Yay!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 12:29:32 PM by azra » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 14:37:50 PM »

Thanks for the information.  Cheesy
sksowe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 21:10:43 PM »

Dear Pardus GNU/Linux,
As promised, am glad to inform you that the Pardus GNU/Linux Case Study have been published by the Open Source Observatory and Repository (http://www.osor.eu/case_studies), a project of the European Commission's IDABC project.
Link:http://www.osor.eu/case_studies/a-new-kid-on-the-block-the-turkish-pardus-linux-distribution
I wish to thank the entire Pardus community for the fantastic collaboration and support in helping me gather valuable information about the project.
My sincere thanks to Dr. Erkan Tekman of  TUBITAK/UEKAE and Project Manager of Pardus

sksowe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 22:00:30 PM »

New Pardus case study entitled "A new kid on the block: The Turkish Pardus Linux Distribution" has been published by the osor.eu project.
Link: http://www.osor.eu/case_studies
sksowe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 22:41:48 PM »

Hello atolboo,
Am glad you found the info interesting. I myself didnt know much of Pardus until I got involved and started writing this case study.
I experimented with the 2008 release and now am stocked with Pardus and enjoying it.
Those of us who are not involved in the coding aspect in this project, this is the least we can do for our Pardus.
Cheers
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 23:59:52 PM »

Hey sksowe
thanks for this great article and sorry to have stolen your moment Undecided
I saw the article this morning on lxer.com
Good job!
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 03:00:21 AM »

Exceptional article, there are many things I didn't know about Pardus on that website. Brilliant.

dnelub

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 04:12:07 AM »

Thanks for the article. I felt priviliged to be user of Pardus after reading it.
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 13:30:51 PM »

I think Distrowatch should know about this article, no?
sksowe

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 17:40:12 PM »

I have sent email to distrowatch asking if they can add the article to their list of Pardus reviews but no response as yet. Lets wait for few day and see what happens.
Thanks for the idea
Sertse
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 11:48:13 AM »

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20081201#news

This week of DW has mentioned the Pardus case study. Smiley

Good job Pardus.
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 12:06:43 PM »

Any news on how/when the Pardus NetBook Remix is planned? I just installed a variant of Ubuntu Netbook Remix called linux4one on my sister's Aspire One and it runs like a dream...
Any Turkish developer out there who would know?
Thx!

A NetBook Remix is planned for subsequent releases, targeting a class of low powered portable computers that has rapidly become popular in recent months.

Yay!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 22:46:14 PM by azra » Logged
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 01:09:38 AM »

Any news on how/when the Pardus NetBook Remix is planned? I just installed a variant of Ubuntu Netbook Remix called linux4one on my sister's Aspire One and it runs like a dream...
Any Turkish developer out there who would know?
Thx!

Yay!

as i know, pardus can be used with xfce at netbook. if i dont remember wrong, i have read an article about this at ozgurlukicin.com forum pages.

by the way, the netbook remix idea signed as "at the solution period" on brain storm page. there isnt any date, but i think it looks like very soon.
you can vote the idea from here if you want  Smiley
http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/yenifikir/ayrinti/608/

atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 10:52:01 AM »

On that page I can read 'Netbook remix', 'Ubuntu' and 'Pardus' and the rest is magic language for me ! Sad
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 13:40:50 PM »

On that page I can read 'Netbook remix', 'Ubuntu' and 'Pardus' and the rest is magic language for me ! Sad

here is the translation of message:

Pardus for Netbook.[/b]  at the solution period

i wanna buy a netbook next summer, but as you know, generally they come with windows xp. on the other hand  i didnt like other linux distros. ubuntu has a version named netbook remix. do you think preparing a project like this? for example, xfce  desktop can be useful for this.

it seems, the idea at solution period, so maybe it isnt necessary to vote. but if you still wanna vote, you can click arrows on the blue circle on the left side.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: