Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 06:25:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  CD/DVD problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD/DVD problems  (Read 755 times)
Sertse
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2008, 16:04:07 PM »

What media players does everyone use to play CDs and DVDs? For some reason none of the players seem to work :S. I thought media works OOTB w/ Pardus, so strange..

CD's (audio): KsCD plays but there is no sound. Kaffeine works ok though.

DVD's (movies): None of the "mplayer"'s seem to be working. Kmplayer returns a "Mplayer is not running" status message. Gnome-mplayer does not respond. SMplayer can not find my CD-drive (first run asks me to configure/choose the drive, but there are no options to choose from).

Kaffeine again ok, but  there is a loud static sound whenever there are Menu sections of the DVD...

VLC works ok with DVDs, does not play my CD's...

Anyone else have issues?

Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 20:02:45 PM »

I think that most of your CD problems will be solved when you connect you CD player with your audiocard. This cable was more or less needed in the past and most audiocards can do without.

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/pc/cdrom_audio_wire.html

For freedom...
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 21:15:58 PM »

What media players does everyone use to play CDs and DVDs? For some reason none of the players seem to work :S. I thought media works OOTB w/ Pardus, so strange..

What does this mean ?

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Sertse
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 23:02:34 PM »

Phix: I meant that I thought CB/DVD would work without needing to tweak/change anything, Out of the box.

Williem: I don't understand... you mean the how it is connected inside the computer case? This is a laptop...

Anyways, thanks for the help.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: