Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 00:46:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  changing bootsplash!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: changing bootsplash!  (Read 762 times)
frisil
Pardus fellow craft

Linux rules!

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2008, 03:04:45 AM »

Hi,
I finally figured out how to change the Pardus bootsplash:

1. take a look at menu.lst in grub which vga mode is used and find out what image type is used (google can help). vga=791 is 1024x768x16 bit colour.
2. Make if copy of your initramfs in /boot if anything goes wrong you can use it.
3. Use gimp to make a new image in the right size. Make sure colour depth is right!
4. as root: copy the picture to /etc/bootsplash/themes/Pardus/images, delete or rename the original picture and rename your own picture to fit the one you want to use.
5. as root: edit the right file in /etc/bootsplash/themes/Pardus/config if you want to change the progress bar colour, size and position, values are at the bottom of the file. Colour is html+alpha and alpha actually works!
6. as root: run mkinitramfs auto --full
7. reboot and enjoy!

This actually works 100%! Please tell me if this was helpful, I posted it because I've heard the question how to change the bootsplash in Pardus quite often... 

The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. (Lovecraft)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: