Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 13:04:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  Problems playing music?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problems playing music?  (Read 920 times)
Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2008, 02:20:37 AM »

The last few times I have tried to listen to an online radio station, I've had the sound cut out and have been unable to restore it. I mostly listen either to Live365 or to Naxos Music Service (a streaming-audio site for a vast array of classical music). I saw one message about "redirecting sound output to null device" but was unable to transcribe the exact phrasing.

The sound card for this particular computer is a Turtle Beach USB device. There is no inboard sound card. As far as I can tell, there's nothing physically wrong with the USB device; I have a Ubuntu partition on this same computer and it works fine there.

This is a recent problem. I suspect that one of the upgrades didn't take quite right. Pardus was the premier multimedia distribution I'd ever tried, and everything was great until a few weeks ago. (Multimedia is overstating it; I don't watch much video except for a few YouTubes, no movies, mostly streaming audio and some of my own .mp3s.) The first few times it happened, I thought, "Ahh, one of those things," but it's becoming frequent.

Any ideas, anybody?

Thanks.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 10:42:45 AM »

At this moment I don't have any problems listening to Live365 in FF. Cool
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: