Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 07:53:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Add items to right click on desktop menu
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Add items to right click on desktop menu  (Read 2004 times)
thecdn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2009, 20:08:23 PM »

How can I add items to the menu that pops up when you right click on an empty deskop? In particular I mean the Switch User, Lock Session, and Logout user features that every other kde disto on the planet seems to have but the pardus developers seem to think users don't need.

I'd also like to add an option to start a konsole from the right click menu, a la fedora.

Any ideas?
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 21:37:52 PM »

I'd also like to add an option to start a konsole from the right click menu, a la fedora.

I can right-click on a folder and choose "Actions" > "Open a terminal here".
Is there nothing in your /usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus directory ?

In particular I mean the Switch User, Lock Session, and Logout user features that every other kde disto on the planet seems to have but the pardus developers seem to think users don't need.

This menu has been simplified by the pardus developpers. The absence of log out button is not a bug, it's a feature Wink
Sorry, I don't know how to tweak it.
As a workaround, you can add a logout button in the taskbar.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 21:40:00 PM by PhiX » Logged

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
thecdn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 22:51:58 PM »

Is there nothing in your /usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus directory ?

Yes, I can do that, I'm just looking to get the konsole from the right-click menu.

In particular I mean the Switch User, Lock Session, and Logout user features that every other kde disto on the planet seems to have but the pardus developers seem to think users don't need.

This menu has been simplified by the pardus developpers. The absence of log out button is not a bug, it's a feature Wink

Sounds like something microsoft would say....  Cheesy

As a workaround, you can add a logout button in the taskbar.

I always do that, but like the convenience of the logout from the menu.
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 00:29:50 AM »

Yes, I can do that, I'm just looking to get the konsole from the right-click menu.

Maybe I misunderstood, but that's precisely what I wrote : Right-click on a folder, a contextual menu appears, click on "Actions", then on the "Open Terminal Here" item, and a konsole is launched.

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 12:39:25 PM »

If I can add my 2 cents' worth of input here (and I know this is verging on "off-topic"...): you can also use Yakuake for the terminal and open it by pressing F12 (from whichever window you're on). I find that this is quicker than a contextual menu?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:50:03 PM by azra » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 17:09:06 PM »

How can I add items to the menu that pops up when you right click on an empty deskop?
Have a look in:
Tasma (Settings > Show Extra Modules must be marked) > Desktop > Behavior 
   General > Mouse Button Actions > Right button:
thecdn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 03:53:56 AM »

Have a look in:
Tasma (Settings > Show Extra Modules must be marked) > Desktop > Behavior 
   General > Mouse Button Actions > Right button:

Thanks, never knew about that "Show Extra Modules" setting. That should be the default.

Still can't set up the right-click menu like I want, but I've looked at other kde sites and it seems to be a problem everywhere.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: