Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 03:55:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Hibernation problem due to problems with swap partition?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hibernation problem due to problems with swap partition?  (Read 769 times)
beneedict

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2009, 10:52:45 AM »

Hej all!

I tried to use hibernation/suspend to disk but following a few seconds of blank screen hard disk activity the screen switches back to normal.
In solving the problem I stumbled upon swap space. So I have 2GB of RAM and I specified slightly more than those 2GB as swap space during my recent installation of Pardus 2008.2. I still feel little doubtful about this swap being really used for two reasons:

- ksysguard gives the right swap memory capacity in the graphs BUT says there is no swap memory available
- in fstab I found following entry regarding the swap drive
Code:
LABEL=PARDUS_SWAP    none             swap      defaults,sw          0 0

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? and how could I find out the right sda* drive number to eventually enter the swap drive to mtab/fstab manually?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
Benedikt

PS.: Hardware: HP Compaq nx6325, Turion X2 1,6GHz, 2GB RAM
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 12:47:55 PM »

Hello beneedict,

You can use cfdisk partitionning utility as root in a terminal to find out the right sdx number.
Your fstab line for swap is OK.
Have you solved the hibernation problem yourself or is it still there ?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:59:38 PM by PhiX » Logged

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 22:25:50 PM »

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? and how could I find out the right sda* drive number to eventually enter the swap drive to mtab/fstab manually?
You can find the right sd? number with K Menu > Programs > System > GParted.
In the bug report you can find the necessary changes to /etc/fstab.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 16:58:03 PM »

The second link in Comment  #12 of the bug report is a very interesting document. Smiley
With this you can add a swap-file (not a swap-partition) to your existing Pardus.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: