Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 05:05:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Sharing Drives from Ubuntu with Arch Linux and Pardus
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sharing Drives from Ubuntu with Arch Linux and Pardus  (Read 652 times)
EmyrB

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2009, 11:24:41 AM »

Hi All,

I have 3 Linux boxes in my house, 1 Ubuntu 8.10, 1 Arch Linux running KDE 4.2 and 1 Pardus 2008.1.

I have a 1TB drive in my Ubuntu box which I have got my music collection on. This drive is mounted permanently in /media/sda2 and has an icon on my Ubuntu desktop.

Now my daughter's PC is the Pardus box and my son's is the Arch Linux box and they want to be able to play the music on sda2 through the network.

I have tried setting up the share through NFS, but alas I cannot install nfs-common on the Arch or Pardus boxes as I cannot find nfs-common.

I have tried the Samba route, but I cannot share the drive because of access issues, which I assume is to do with my user permissions.

I don't want anything fancy, just read permissions. I have posted this in the Arch and Ubuntu forums to see if they can shed some light as well.

Cheers in advance

EmyrB
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: