Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 16:31:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Associate sop protocol to Sopcast?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Associate sop protocol to Sopcast?  (Read 4678 times)
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2009, 23:07:11 PM »

Following my recent post, we can now use sopcast on Pardus. From Firefox, how do I associate sop links protocol to Sopcast?

As an example, go to http://www.myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports

Under there, click on any sport, and then on any game.

The chances are you are going to see a series of links for sopcast, tvants, pplive, media player, etc....

Sopcast addresses look like this for instance: sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/72588

When I click on the link, Firefox says that the protocol is not associated with any program. So I have to copy the address and then paste it in Sopcast.

What do I need to do to associate the address directly with the Sopcast program?

Or maybe it is not possible because of the format of the Sopcast program?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 23:23:29 PM by azra » Logged
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 13:01:39 PM »

I guess this is not easily done by the sopcaster solution, and perhaps we have to wait for Sopcast Player to become available as pisi package, I guess associating sopcast links with sopcast player will be easier.

What you could try is run sopcaster in the Konsole and see what commands are being executed, perhaps you could copy those commands in an association for sopcast links in FF, or perhaps you could assemble those commands in a tiny script and associate sopcast links with that script?

Here ends my public brainstorm  Cool

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: